Stuck setting up the DB source (schema not installed) - PgSQL / Fedora4

Hi,

I just installed Wildfire 2.4.4 on FC4, and while going through the configuration wizard, it gets stuck on setting up the db connection. I already have the user and schema configured, but it says this:

The Wildfire database schema does not appear to be installed. Follow the installation guide to fix this error.

info.log:

2006.02.13 19:04:37 Found old database schema (2.0). Upgrading to latest schema.

2006.02.13 19:04:37 Warning: Make sure that database was not modified for release: 2.1. Upgrade script not found: /database/upgrade/2.0_to_2.1/wildfire_postgres.sql

2006.02.13 19:04:37 Warning: Make sure that database was not modified for release: 2.2. Upgrade script not found: /database/upgrade/2.1_to_2.2/wildfire_postgres.sql

2006.02.13 19:04:37 Warning: Make sure that database was not modified for release: 2.3. Upgrade script not found: /database/upgrade/2.2_to_2.3/wildfire_postgres.sql

2006.02.13 19:04:37 Warning: Make sure that database was not modified for release: 2.4. Upgrade script not found: /database/upgrade/2.3_to_2.4/wildfire_postgres.sql

2006.02.13 19:04:37 Database upgraded successfully.

I’'ve checked and the files are in /opt/wildfire/resources/database…

I have two days trying to figure this out, and since I’‘m a linux newbie, I’‘m sure there’‘s something obvious I’‘m missing here… By the way, I’‘m using Fedora Core 4, it’'s a clean install. I used the rpm for the install.

Any help is really appreciated!

Ivan V.

Hola Ivan,

If you are installing Wildfire for the first time then Wildfire shouldn’'t be trying to upgrade the database structure. I have two questions for you. 1) Have you created the database using Wildfire 2.4.4 scripts? 2) Make sure that the user that is running the server has enough permissions to read/write all files under /opt/wildfire.

Saludos,

– Gato

Hi,

Yes, I created it using the scripts that come with the 2.4.4 distribution. In fact, I can see the version number in the jiveversion table (2.4).

I’‘m running as root, so it should have all permissions necessary… I’'m gonna try and recreate the database again, and see if that helps…

Another alternative could be to make Wildfire skip the schema test, or at least find out where is Wildfire trying to open the files from, and see if there’'s a problem there? Would any of this be possible?

Thanks!

By the way, I’‘m using PostgreSQL 8.0.6, in case that’'s an issue.

Jackpot… sort of… If I use the postgres user, it works… I created a user named wildfire, assigned it as the owner of the db and even added it to a group with full grant access to the db (unnecessary I think, but I tried anyway), and then it doesn’'t work.

I have to specifically use the ‘‘root’’ user, why?

Thanks!