Subscription Plugin Question

Hello,

I want to begin by apologizing for my lack of knowledge since I am a newbie to Openfire. Nevertheless, I am hoping that you can help.

There seems to be a problem with the Subscription plugin for OpenFire when used with Spark. Here are the versions that I am using:

Server: Openfire 3.6.3

Clients: Spark 2.5.8

A regular user in Spark can select Add Contact from the Contacts menu, enter another users’ username and then click Add. The other user is then included as a Pending status.

The good news is that the next time this other user logs in, s/he is never given the option to accept the contact request. The bad news is that when the user making the request logs in again, the other user is now included in their list of friends. The other user never even approved the request and they are now included as the requesting user’s Friend.

Is this a bug in the Subscription plugin itself? If so, it seems to render the plugin functionally useless with Spark. I have checked the System Properties of the Administration Console and the following properties are listed:

plugin.subscription.level: all

plugin.subscription.sparkCheck: true

plugin.subscription.type: reject

Any thoughts on how to revent users from adding additional contacts?

I think this is more an issue with spark adding the user even if it gets a reject notice from the server.

Todd,

Thank you again for your prompt response. Do I bother submitting this issue to the Spark board, or should I consider using another IM client with OpenFire?

Note: One reason that I have been hesitant to leave Spark is because the Broadcasting Client Feature is only available in OpenFire with Spark. Do you know of another IM that will allow group broadcasts while following a tight server-side lockdown of client users?

I do not know of any clients. Broadcasting should be a common feature I would think. The openfire server can broadcast to all clients. To be honest I am not sure if this is a plugin/server issue or a client issue. I know in other clients I have used if you reject a user they cannot add you to their list.