Subscription service problems / Cannot route packet of type IQ or Presence to bare JID

Hi there,

i am running of 3.5.1 and i noticed some strange subscription behaviour. The subscription properties are set to “Accept” - All - All subscription requests will be intercepted and automatically accepted.

There is no problem to add, authorize or chat with people that are logged on into my of. The problem seems to be the connection with external server sessions. openfire tells me that there are some incoming server sessions from other jabber-servers but no outgoing connection.

So it is not possible no authorize or even talk to people that have their account on an external jabber-server - which sucks.

I don´t know what`s wrong because it worked in the past (of 3.4.4 e.g.). S2S is set to active with no limitations.

EDIT: warn.log:

1)

org.jivesoftware.openfire.PacketException: Cannot route packet of type IQ or Presence to bare JID:

<presence to=“USER@MY-OPENFIRE-SERVER” from="USER@SOME_OTHER_JABBER_SERVER=“error”>

<error code=“404” type=“cancel”>

<remote-server-not-found xmlns=“urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas”/>

</error>

</presence>

2)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.RoutingTableImpl.routePacket(RoutingTableImpl.jav a:216)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.return ErrorToSender(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:261)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.run(Ou tgoingSessionPromise.java:197)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java: 885)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:907)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

2008.04.29 15:05:17 Error returning error to sender. Original packet:

<presence to=“USER@SOME_OTHER_JABBER_SERVER” from=“user@MY-OPENFIRE-SERVER” type=“subscribed”/>

3)

org.jivesoftware.openfire.PacketException: Cannot route packet of type IQ or Presence to bare JID:

<iq type=“error” id=“514-1696” to=“MY-OPENFIRE-SERVER” from=“USER@SOME_OTHER_JABBER_SERVER/Home”>

<query xmlns=“http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#info”/>

<error code=“404” type=“cancel”>

<remote-server-not-found xmlns=“urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas”/>

/error>

</iq>

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.RoutingTableImpl.routePacket(RoutingTableImpl.jav a:216

at

org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.returnE rrorToSender(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:253)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.run(Ou tgoingSessionPromise.java:197)

Anyone give me a hint please!

Message was edited by: rene-1: warn.log abridgement

Here a snippet from the debug.log:

Note: jabber.ccc.de (USER@SOME_OTHER_JABBER_SERVER) is de extern jabber-server my openifre-server (USER@MY-OPENFIRE-SERVER) tries to connect to

2008.04.29 15:12:10 LocalOutgoingServerSession: OS - Trying to connect to jabber.ccc.de:5269(DNS lookup: jabberd.jabber.ccc.de:5269)

2008.04.29 15:12:10 LocalOutgoingServerSession: OS - Plain connection to jabber.ccc.de:5269 successful

2008.04.29 15:12:10 LocalOutgoingServerSession: OS - Indicating we want TLS to jabber.ccc.de

2008.04.29 15:12:10 LocalOutgoingServerSession: OS - Negotiating TLS with jabber.ccc.de

2008.04.29 15:12:10 LocalOutgoingServerSession: OS - TLS negotiation with jabber.ccc.de was successful

2008.04.29 15:12:10 LocalOutgoingServerSession: OS - Error, no SASL mechanisms were offered by jabber.ccc.de

2008.04.29 15:12:10 LocalOutgoingServerSession: OS - Trying to connect to ccc.de:5269(DNS lookup: ccc.de:5269)

2008.04.29 15:12:10 LocalOutgoingServerSession: OS - Trying to connect to de:5269(DNS lookup: de:5269)

2008.04.29 15:12:10 OutgoingSessionPromise: Error sending packet to remote server:

<iq type=“get” id=“153-1768” to="user@jabber.ccc.de/mobile" from=“jabber-server.de”>

<query xmlns=“http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#info”/>

</iq>

java.lang.Exception: Failed to create connection to remote server

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.sendPa cket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:228)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.run(Ou tgoingSessionPromise.java:194)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java: 885)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:907)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

i have exactly the same problems…

it would be greatful to get an solution…

Ok i figured out a hint, but the problem only seems to be half solved.

What i’ve done: Under SSL-settings i set Server-safety to optional. Now i can see under sessions > server-sessions outgoing and incoming traffic from other servers. So far so good but there is still a authorisation problem - i think so.

User@my-jabber-server can chat with user@another-jabber-server. user@another-jabber-server can add and authorize user@my-jabber-server. Now they are able to talk and user@another-jabber-server sees the status of the added contact user@my-jabber-server. The other way round is the problem! User@my-jabber-server can add user@another-jabber-server and talk to him but don’t see his status. Why? Has this something to di with authorization, prescene or server to server communication?

Thanks!

Rene

I see a similar issue one of our OF installation is unable to send any kind of presence information to one of the remote servers. However it works the other way round?

Did you find a solution to your problem? Thanks.

Has this issue been resolved by anyone?

I am seeing the same “Cannot route packet of type IQ or Presence to bare JID: …” message in my warning log when with regard to the presence of a jabber.org user (see below).

error returning error to sender. Original packet:

I was also testing server-to-server fuctionality by adding my gtalk account from my openfire server. I see the same kind of error message for my gtalk account:

Error returning error to sender. Original packet: