Suggestion: Recognize AIM Mobile Users

AIM users have the ability to configure their account to send messages to their mobile phone when they are offline. When someone does this, their screen name appears to be online 24/7, even when the person is not directly logged on. AIM and other clients I have used will basically show these people as away, with “Mobile” as the away message or something simple like that.

Through the gateway, these users show up as online and available all of the time. It would be nice to be able to distinguish between the two states through the gateway in Spark.

I agree. The problem is there’s no actual XMPP state that indicates as such. I did notice, however, that Spark looks for the word “phone” in the status message and, if so, puts a phone icon next to the person, so that might be the way to go. That only helps Spark though. If you are primarily using spark that should do the trick. Any other ideas though?

Well I’m not sure that it is that big of deal that there is no state defined. Yeah, I’m using Spark, but may not always do so.

I think I’d be happy if they just appeared as away. It would be nice if the away message said “Mobile” as well, but that would be a bonus!

GATE-355

I’m going to start a discussion in the comments of that one, would you mind posting your thoughts?

No problem!