Support for Mitel 3300 Voip

Has anyone succesfully integrated with a the Mitel 3300? I searched but didn’t find anything on this. We are upgrading to this platform and would like to use the spark client to monitor presence information from the 3300 along with its other features.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Chuck,

What PBX are you connecting your phones to? Currently, Openfire can intergrate only with Asterisk throught the use of the Asterisk plugin. There were some community members who were working on integrating with Cisco’s IP PBX solution but I’m not sure where that project currently stands.

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan,

Thanks for the reply.

I want to integrate it with the Mitel 3300 IP PBX. I did read that someone was trying to integrate with CIsco and according to someone at Jive I spoke with they have successfully integrated with Cisco and Avaya but they really didn’t get into it. They said it should be possible. I am not someone who could code anything to work so I was wondering if anyone has tried. I do not have the PBX set up yet rather I am planning so I wanted to see if this will work as opposed to paying Mitel crazy dollars for thier solution.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Chuck

Hi (again) Chuck,

Looks like I made a mistake, I thought the Mitel 3300 was a phone, not a PBX. :confused:

Anyway, it appears that there is a Java toolkit that could be used to access the PBX in a similiar way that the Asterisk Openfire plugin does, but to the best of my knowledge no one written anything to do that.

If there is enough interest within the community for this maybe you could put together a team to develop it using the Asterisk plugin as a starting point.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

Ryan,

Well since I would probably never have the ability to do this on my own I would have to rely on others to help. Maybe even pay someone to write it for me. It would still be cheaper than using the native Mitel Aplication. Are there poeople that do that kind of work for a fee?

Thanks

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

Are there poeople that do that kind of work for a fee?

Funny you should ask, both Jive Software and my company Version 2 Software do custom development work for all the various Ignite Realtime projects. I’ll drop you a line and we can dicuss things further off-line.

Thanks,

Ryan

I would love to talk with you about this.

Thanks

Chuck

Anything further on this? Chuck, did you end up going with a commercial solution? We have a couple of 3300’s as well and I’m interested in connecting Openfire. If possible, I would like a couple of (high-level description) features of what such an integration would/should look like? Is this what enables VoIP/voice chat or is voice possible with only Openfire and Spark (or some other XMPP client)? Would this allow “ringing” someone’s phone from Spark (or other client)? If so, would the caller be able to pick up and use their Mitel handset instead of using a computer-connected headset?

Thank you!