Support for other protocols

Are there any plans to add in the support for additional chat client protocols?

I.e. MSN, Yahoo…

thanks

Loonybin88

Are you talking about Miranda/Trillian/Gaim way to support multiple protocols? I think Spark wount do that. You can search forums for a “gateways”. These are an external components that enables jabber server to connect to other legacy protocols. Simple description:

• You have XMPP/Jabber server (Wildfire, jabberd, etc.) and some client (Spark, Exodus, Psi, etc.)

• Then you install a gateway (for ICQ, AIM or MSN or etc.) and configure it against your jabber server, so they work together

• Then in client you register with this gateway (say ICQ), enter you UIN, pass and get you ICQ contacts (sometimes you had to add them manually). And you can talk to ICQ users.

That’'s how it works in XMPP world. If you need an out-of-box legacy protocols support then you should use Miranda/Trillian/Gaim.

Currently i’'m running wildfire server and Spark client, nd need exactly the same task to be done, i.e. to connect through im gateways provided by wildfire, But unable to register to the im service through Spark, cannot use exodus, pandion… as i am working on linux platform… is there any solutions for this,

I tried using buddyspace, but that doesnot recognise the wildfire server… Can u help me in this regard…

Thanks,

Rajashree

But unable to register to the im service

through Spark

Spark still doesnt have service registering feature as far as i know.

cannot use exodus, pandion… as i am

working on linux platform… is there any solutions

for this,

Psi, Gaim

http://www.jabber.org/software/clients.shtml