Test: User Mapping - Status Error

I’'m configuring a Wildfire in a Windows 2003, with Active Directory.

Profile Settings: Connection Settings

Server Type: Active Directory

Host: servername

Base DN: dc=servername

Authentication

Administrator DN: username@domain

password: ****

I try to Test Settings and receive the following message:

"Test: Connection Settings

A connection was successfully established to the LDAP server using the settings above. Close this test panel and continue to the next step".

OK

Save and Continue.

Step 2 of 3: User Mapping.

Username Field: sAMAccountName

Search Fields: blank

User Filter: (objectClass=organizationalPerson).

Using the default settings.

When i try to test Settings, following message appears:

Test: User Mapping

A random profile is selected for you to review. Bold fields with no value mean that an error may have been found. To view another profile click ‘‘Next ramdom profile’’. When you are finished close this window

No users were found using the specified configuration. Try changing the base DN, user filter or username field.

Any ideas?

Hi,

you need a DN and not an email address for the admin.

Administrator DN: username@domain

“Administrator DN: uid=foo,cn=groups,dc=server” or something like this will help, searching the forum will reveal some working configurations.

LG

I use the userPrincipalName that is defined in AD Users and Computers for my admin user and it works fine. The UPN is usually in the form of user@domain.net or whatever you fully qualified domain name is.

I would try a couple of things. First, if you are using AD authentication, try pointing your wildfire install at a global catalog server and try setting the port to 3268. Also, make sure that your baseDN is set correctly. It is usually longer than just DC=servername. It should be something like: DC=subdomain,DC=domain,DC=root (ie DC=marketing,DC=contoso,DC=net).

Also, on your user , try changing it to: (objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user). In AD, even computers fall under the category organizationalPerson.

Maybe you can do some cleanup on your wildfire.xml file and post it up here for us to take a look?