This certificate was signed by an unknown authority

Forgive me if this problem was covered in a previous post, I searched and did not find my issue.

First, the server appears to work fine in every way except for one… All the client programs I have tried (Pidgin, Adium, & Trillian) all have the same issue, they all warn the certificate is signed by an unknown authority.

My certificate is through COMODO and is valid.

I am able to connect to the admin console via the internet and the certificate works. I.e. https://server.domain.com:9091 brings up the admin console without any certificate problems.

On the client side in Adium if I right click on the account and select show server certificate it displays: server.domain.com and warns about the unknown authority.

Within the admin console I have imported my certificate information by clicking on the “Manage Store Contents”. All seems OK there too. The status is a red ribbon icon with a green check mark on it.

If there is more information required to solve my issue please just let me know and I will do my best to provide it. I am a hack at best when it comes to this stuff and this has me stumped.

I am running OpenFire 4.0.2 on a Windows 2012 R2 Server.

Thanks!