TLS negotiation error

I am having a problem with Spark on Mac os x 10.4.6. Wildfire has been configured with both rsa and dsa keys with TLS marked as required and old SSL as not available. Spark will connect between every 10th or 15th time otherwise it fails with the error below (and a dialog box stating invalid username and password).

Gaim and Spark work fine on a windows xp box.

Any help would be appreciated.

Error message from log file below

2006.06.07 16:08:06 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.negotiateTLS(SocketReader.java:682) Error while negotiating TLS

javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext connection?

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.EngineInputRecord.bytesInCompletePacket(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.readNetRecord(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.unwrap(Unknown Source)

at javax.net.ssl.SSLEngine.unwrap(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.TLSStreamHandler.doHandshake(TLSStreamHandler.jav a:268)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.TLSStreamHandler.(TLSStreamHandler.java:206)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketConnection.startTLS(SocketConnection.java:1 52)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.negotiateTLS(SocketReader.java:679)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.readStream(SocketReader.java:268)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:119)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

2006.06.07 16:08:06 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:161) Connection closed before session established

Socket[addr=/192.168.3.153,port=51555,localport=5222]

Hey Gary,

Which Wildfire version are you using? Have you tried using the nightly build version? We made a modification to the server that may solve this problem. Since we made that modification we no longer saw that error while running our internal stress tests.

Regards,

ā€“ Gato

I am using ver 2.6.2. Thanks for the advice, I will try the nightly build.

Iā€™'m using wildfire enterprise 3.0.1 on debian sarge 2.6.8 kernel and JRE 1.5.0_08

The windows spark client can login fine.

But I am getting the exact same problems you describe with the spark v2.0.0 client on MacOSX 10.4.7

I can log in successfully every 10-15th time. However it usually fails login with this error:

2006.09.13 16:31:14 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReadingMode.negotiateTLS(SocketReadingMode.j ava:75) Error while

negotiating TLS

javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext connection?

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.EngineInputRecord.bytesInCompletePacket(EngineInpu tRecord.java:152)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.readNetRecord(SSLEngineImpl.java:759 )

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.unwrap(SSLEngineImpl.java:674)

at javax.net.ssl.SSLEngine.unwrap(SSLEngine.java:566)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.TLSStreamHandler.doHandshake(TLSStreamHandler.jav a:277)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.TLSStreamHandler.start(TLSStreamHandler.java:223)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketConnection.startTLS(SocketConnection.java:1 73)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReadingMode.negotiateTLS(SocketReadingMode. java:72)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.BlockingReadingMode.readStream(BlockingReadingMod e.java:126)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.BlockingReadingMode.run(BlockingReadingMode.java: 62)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:123)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

2006.09.13 16:31:14 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.BlockingReadingMode.run(BlockingReadingMode.java:1 04) Connection clos

ed before session established

Socket[addr=/142.55.243.224,port=49283,localport=5222]

Will the nightly build help in our case as well?