Transmission of files to MSN does not work

I am having serious problems

I can not send files to my contacts on MSN. Problem this is a limitation of IM Gateway, or is there any configuration that can be made, port etc? You use the same plugin? Works sending files to MSN ? I use Spark as client IM.

File transfer is not supported in the IM Gateway plugin at this time.

You know if something is being done? There is a forecast for the work File transfer ?

Thank you.

I currently have no time frame on file transfer work. I’d be more than happy to receive patches though! I also put out a potential google summer of code project idea for adding file transfer, but I’m not holding my breath. As is, I haven’t had a lot of time to devote to the IM Gateway plugin lately.

Are you sure? one of my users said they could transfer files to AIM users with IM Gateway 3.0.0 and the Openfire (3.4.5) but when i upgraded to Openfire 3.5.0 with IM Gateway 3.0.0 it stopped working

laugh of course I’m sure. there’s no code in the IM Gateway plugin for it at all. What is the IM Gateway 3.0.0 anyway? The latest version is 1.2.2a. Are you using someone else’s build?

Hmm, i must of missread or it changed, anyway, to clarify it was 1.2.3, so at some point that definitly had the capability to tranfser files to AIM users (to and from).

Well if you can find the magic code that was doing that, point me at it. The IM Gateway plugin must not have been involved in the file transfer. PyMSNt supports it, IM Gateway never has.

Thanks jadestorm, i’ll keep an eye out and see if anything like this happens again. It might be worth trying to reproduce it.

For what it’s worth y’all, file transfer support is slated for 1.3.0. I would obviously be awesome if the GSoC thing worked out, or if someone lent a hand so to speak, with the support, but if not, I’ll be diving into it before 1.3.0 is released.