Transports Possible Through Jive Messenger Now?

Ignorant question, but is there now a way to set up transports to MSN, Yahoo, AOL and such in Jive Messenger?

BTW…the s2s support is working well. We’'re very anxious to see the results of the new LDAP features.

Yes, through the new component support. You can find gateway components on Jabber.org that should work with JM now.

Hey jiver,

The gateways I used with JM were PyMSNt and PyAIMt. Wroot is now testing two ICQ gateways (JIT and PyICQt). And Noah Campbell is implementing a Yahoo gateway. Let us know if you need any help setting up the gateways.

Enjoy,

– Gato

Were these transports tested in both linux and windows? Thanks!

I only tested them on Windows but being Python a cross-platform software I guess that you won’'t have problems running the gateways in Linux. I think that Wroot is testing the ICQ gateways in Linux.

Regards,

– Gato

I only tested them on Windows but being Python a cross-platform software I guess that >>you won’'t have problems running the gateways in Linux. I think that Wroot is testing the >>ICQ gateways in Linux.

Ok, thanks!

Stupid question #3453: Is there a doc guide for installation or do I just plop (secret word) the fileset dir tree from something like pyMSNt into some subdir below plugins… ? I didn’‘t see any docs under documentation that quite fit. I see the plugin-dev-guide but that’'s a little different.

Maybe I’'ll go read back through the forum…

Hey,

We still don’'t have documentation about external components or server-to-server. External components unlike plugins are stand alone applications that connect to JM using sockets. That means that you will need to install the gateway following the install guidelines provided by the software author. And from the server side all you will need to do is log into the admin console, click on “External Components” and configure the port and secret to use.

Regards,

– Gato

yes, i’'m trying these gateways in linux. But PyICQt could be launched in windows too, didnt test that yet. This is the manual for ejabberd+PyICQt:

http://ejabberd.jabber.ru/pyicqt

Maybe i’‘ll try it right now. Have enough of compiling, patching etc. in linux That’'s about JIT. JIT must be the best ICQ transport, but i cant find a way to put disco support in it yet.

so PyICQ-t is working in Windows (with a litle hack), see my last post in this thread:

http://www.jivesoftware.org/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=15029&tstart=0