Triplicate messages

Hi All,

I am using OpenFire 3.7.1 on two RHEL 5.6 computers with the OpenClustering (http://code.google.com/p/open-clustering/) plugin. When users log in to a chat room with Spark client (2.6.3 or 2.5.8) everything is great. When they log in with Pidgin or our in house web client, messages appear three times. I have seen the issue noted in other places, but no solution.

After a bit of digging through a wireshark capture I see that the spark client appends a xlmns:jabber:x:event with a condition of offline/delivered/displayed/composing, but pidgin and our web client do not.

Does the issue occur without the clustering plugin being utilized?

Hi David,

No, the issue doesn’t occur without the clustering plugin.

Thanks,

Chris

Sounds like a bug with that plugin - Not sure if anyone is really supporting it. Do you really need clustering? Can you use the coherence plugin instead?

Yes, clustering is neccesary for what I’m currently trying to do. I tried using the coherence plugin, but ran into multiple problems. The first was that the plugin was written for 3.3 I think, but the current version of coherence is 3.7.1. After I located the older coherence in these forums, and swapped some xml files around as noted in the forums, I was unable to manage users and groups. Going to that page in the admin console resulted in something like ClusteringCache can’t be cast to DefaultCache.