group1

• user1_1

• user1_2

• user1_3

group2

• user2_1

• user2_2

• user2_3

Every user in group1 should see group1 and group2 on his roster, example for user1_1:

• group1

. - user1_2

. - user1_3

• group2

. - user2_1

. - user2_2

. - user2_3

How do I implement that in Messenger?

I tried the option “Show group in all users’’ rosters” on the admin website but the users in group1 only get group1 on their roster.

Then I tried to activate the new option:

“group1: Show group to members’’ rosters of these groups: group2”

“group2: Show group to members’’ rosters of these groups: group1”

But if I click on “Save settings” the radio button “Show group in group members’’ rosters” is getting re-activated again (automatically) - don’'t know why this happens, could this be a bug or a misconfiguration with my groups?

Regards,

Frank

Frank,

What client are you using? In JBother I have the same setup as you do with “Show group in all users’’ rosters” enabled and the groups can see each other. I am, however, running into the same issue where groups cannot see each other in GAIM.

I had the same issue with the checkbox for “Show group member’’ rosters” resetting when I tried to save the settings so either we both have something misconfig’'d or there might be an issue with the form.

I know this feature was a last minute addition due to popular demand so I’'ll keep myself from probing too much til the dev team gets does some investigation.

Having similar issues as well, FYI. Using Psi. There may be an issue. I’'ll try to get more details in tomorrow when I get back in to do more testing of this. This is really close to being our IM solution as it has all we need once it all appears to work right.

Speaking of clients, I know that for windows they have only “certified” Exodus and Psi… any other clients seem to be working just fine?

Speaking of clients, I know that for windows they

have only “certified” Exodus and Psi… any other

clients seem to be working just fine?

Pandion seems to work pretty well from our testing.

Regards,

Matt

I’'ve tried the clients PSI, Tkabber and JAJC. Every one has a bit different behavior but not one gives me all groups on the roster.

We’'re also ready to migrate our users to Jive Messenger as soon as the groups are done

Im using GAIM and the groups and members show up fine. I am having a few minor presence issues causing incorrect presences to show up on the roster but other than that its been pretty solid. I posted on the GAIM developer boards to see whats up.

Also, I should mention that I manually have to set my presence to “online” to get my buddy list to show up correctly.