Trying to trweak Spark and Openfire

Hi there, I have installed Openfire on a server on our domain, using Microsoft SQL Server, and an LDAP connection to Active Directory, and want to deploy Spark to all clients (about 2500). There are a few things that I need to sort out before this happens.

1. Is there a way that the client can auto-logon to spark using NT logon authentication? On the client side it logs into Spark no probs but I don’t want to sak my users to log into it and click on save password, because I know that most of them won’t.

2. I only want one AD group of users to be able to send from Spark. How do I lock this down, and also, for those tha are allowed to send, is there a way to send to all members of a certain AD group? If so, how is this done?

3. Is there a way to allow an user to log into the service from two PCs concurrently? At the moment it kicks out the previous login.

Many thanks.

meirionwyllt wrote:

deploy Spark to all clients (about 2500)
Just wondering how much memory do you have on that server and what other stuff is running on it. 2500 is not huge, but still quite a big number of users. Of course, depends on what part of them will be online simultaneously.

1. Is there a way that the client can auto-logon to spark using NT logon authentication?

Search this forums for SSO (Single Sign On). You will find a bunch of threads and also docs with some tutorials.

I only want one AD group of users to be able to send from Spark. How do I lock this down
I’m not sure what capabilities has LDAP for doing that, but you can also check Packet Filter plugin.

and also, for those tha are allowed to send, is there a way to send to all members of a certain AD group? If so, how is this done?
Check the Broadcast Message option in Actions menu of Spark

Is there a way to allow an user to log into the service from two PCs concurrently?
Not sure whether this will work in conjunction with SSO, but if you logout in Spark and then press Advanced on the login screen, you will be able to set Resource field. You can login from two (or more) places simultaneously as long as this connections have different resources set (like Home, Work, etc.). But, message will be routed only to one of this connections. There is a system option in Openfire to override that and route messages to all resources, but it doesn’t work currently.