Two Different Openfire Server

Hi

How to see each other if i have two different openfire server installed in different server machine

for example

in 1st server machine installed openfire it has a domain name of companyA.com

so meaning all users connected in companyA the account will be user@comapnyA.com

in 2nd server machine installed openfire it has a domain name of companyB.com

so meaning all users connected in companyB the account will be user@comapnyB.com

so my question is how can let in my PIDGIN application as my client program to add both as my contacts

Thanks

Suppose your Pidgin client is logged into one of these 2 servers (say user2@companyA.com). Then you will have no problems adding other companyA.com users. To be able to add companyB.com users you will have to enable and configure server to server connection on both servers. You will find it in the Server settings in Admin Console.

Hello

wroot

thanks for your reply

I added new domain in my first openfire server and also to my 2nd openfire server but

how does it work?

in my companyB.com i create new user account

same with companyA.com

what ive noticed is that in the Server Sessions there is no active

please see attached file

Thanks

Thanks

As i don’t use server to server myself, can’t help much in this. I have tried to setup such connection at home with an external server but never managed to achieve that. This could be also a DNS related issue as those servers should be able to “see” each other.