Unable to connect

I killed wildfire’'s root java process directly with “kill -9 PID”, and after since starting it again, I cannot get any connection to the server. I have the following repeating error in logs/error.log everytime a client attempts a connection:

“$DATE $TIME org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.BlockingReadingMode.run(BlockingReadingMode.java: 104) Connection closed before session established”

Prior to this, connections never failed. The admin web interface does not complain about anything. Repeated attempts to gracefully stop and start wildfire with “bin/wildfire stop” and “bin/wildfire start” respectively do not seem to fix the problem. Restarting the server entire server is not an alternative.

I am attempting the client connections via Gaim and the Smack API.

Any ideas on how to resolve this? Thanks.

Hey kabarak,

Which database are you using? If you are using the embedded DB then make sure to clean up the lock file after you killed -9 the server. Using your prefered client, could post the XML traffic that you are seeing from the client? Most XMPP clients will let you open a debugger/traffic window to collect this information. BTW, do you see any other error in the log files?

Thanks,

– Gato

I am using mysql 5.0.22 (I have restarted that) and that connection has no complaints with wildfire. In addition, there are no other errors from the wildfire logs.

Sample exception trace generated by the Smack API looks like this:

java.io.EOFException: no more data available - expected end tag … @4:78

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.fillBuf(MXParser.java:3015)

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.more(MXParser.java:3026)

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.nextImpl(MXParser.java:1144)

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.next(MXParser.java:1093)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader.parsePackets(PacketReader.java:382)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader.access$000(PacketReader.java:43)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader$1.run(PacketReader.java:63)

Hey kabarak,

Since you are getting a parsing error it is hard to see the offending

XML. Could you use Exodus and press F12 to get the XML being exchanged

between the server and the client?

Thanks,

– Gato

Here’‘s the debug output from Exodus. That’'s all there is (it just keeps repeating).

Setting reconnect timer to: 12

Looking up SRV: xmpp-client.tcp.codesquare.com

Got A: 207.246.86.7 5222

SENT: <stream:stream to="$MY_HOST" xmlns=“jabber:client” xmlns:stream=“http://etherx.jabber.org/streams” xml:lang=“Default” version=“1.0”>

RECV: </stream:stream>

RECV:

Setting reconnect timer to: 16

Looking up SRV: xmpp-client.tcp.codesquare.com

Got A: 207.246.86.7 5222

SENT: <stream:stream to="$MY_HOST" xmlns=“jabber:client” xmlns:stream=“http://etherx.jabber.org/streams” xml:lang=“Default” version=“1.0”>

RECV: </stream:stream>

RECV: