Unable to establish call to user@domain with Spark

Hello,

I installed Wildfire to my server with Asterisk-IM plugin. Both of them works fine so far.

I use Spark as IM Client to connect to Wildfire. I’'ve made phone mappings and configured Asterisk-IM. Calls between my Asterisk box users works just fine.

But if I like to call for example to my VoIPUser account through Spark it doesn’‘t work. If I choose Actions --> Dial number --> Number: username@sip.voipuser.org I’'ll never get connected. My mapped SIP phone rings, but when it is supposed to call to uasername@sip.voipuser.org it fails.

I checked Asterisk logs and found following:

Feb 15 12:32:34 WARNING[19898] chan_sip.c: No such host: sip.voipuser.org@

Feb 15 12:32:34 NOTICE[19898] app_dial.c: Unable to create channel of type ‘‘SIP’’ (

cause 3 - No route to destination)

Feb 15 12:32:43 WARNING[19898] chan_sip.c: No such host:

Feb 15 12:32:43 NOTICE[19898] app_dial.c: Unable to create channel of type ‘‘SIP’’ (

cause 3 - No route to destination)

Why is there extra @ sign? If I call to same SIP address all the way from softphone, there is no problems. Both, Asterisk-IM and softphopne user are using same Asterisk context.

I’'d really like to get this working, since it would be very handy with hard phones where you cannot use anything but numeric signs for calls. Instead you could start the call through Spark.

Any ideas what is the problem?

Best Regards,

• Tapio

Have you tried dialing by a url directly through a softphone? Does spark work correctly when you try dialing with the extension number?

Hello Andrew,

Yes I’'ve tried dialing url directly through softphone and it works. When I dial with extension number, there is no problems with spark either. This problem only occures, when using extension/user@domain_somewhere url.

Best Regards,

• Tapio