So I’ve had openfire installed on a server for ages now, since it was wildfire. It wasn’t used for a few months, and recently we went to get back into it, but were unable to login. I went to the server, and tried to login to the admin console, and was unable to. It wouldn’t take the administrative password. So, I uninstalled openfire, and installed the latest version. It installed fine, and I got it through the initial setup fine. (Windows 2003 server, embedded database, intigrated with Active Directory) I added two admin users, and tested them both. Openfire restarted, and again I couldn’t login to the admin console.
Login failed: make sure your username and password are correct and that you’re an admin or moderator
I looked at the openfire.xml file, as I saw in the forums the problem can often be traced there. My file seems to be a bare sample file, and not configured at all.
I attached the error log. The info log looks about the same, and the warn log basically shows a bunch of failed attempts to login.
I’m guessing my openfire.xml file should be filled in, and that might be causing the problem, but shouldn’t the program install and setup have done that?
Any help would be greatly appreciated
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
This file stores bootstrap properties needed by Openfire. Property names must be in the format: "prop.name.is.blah=value" That will be stored as: <prop> <name> <is> <blah>value</blah> </is> </name> </prop> Most properties are stored in the Openfire database. A property viewer and editor is included in the admin console.
root element, all properties must be under this element
Disable either port by setting the value to -1
Network settings. By default, Openfire will bind to all network interfaces. Alternatively, you can specify a specific network interfaces that the server will listen on. For example, 127.0.0.1. This setting is generally only useful on multi-homed servers.
<network> <interface></interface> </network>
error.log (99825 Bytes)