Unauthorized error messages

Ok guys getting alot of this from two specific users that I now have the proper access to the server. Can some one tell me what might be wrong? The errors are the same for both users and I can search and find them in the directory…

2006.06.06 13:40:52 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.IQRosterHandler.handleIQ(IQRosterHandler.java: 119) Internal server error

org.jivesoftware.wildfire.auth.UnauthorizedException: org.jivesoftware.wildfire.user.UserNotFoundException: user_1@im.myserv.com

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.IQRosterHandler.manageRoster(IQRosterHandler. java:221)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.IQRosterHandler.handleIQ(IQRosterHandler.java :104)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.IQHandler.process(IQHandler.java:48)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.IQRouter.handle(IQRouter.java:265)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.IQRouter.route(IQRouter.java:96)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.PacketRouter.route(PacketRouter.java:65)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.processIQ(SocketReader.java:230)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.ClientSocketReader.processIQ(ClientSocketReader.j ava:50)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.process(SocketReader.java:196)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.BlockingReadingMode.readStream(BlockingReadingMod e.java:156)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.BlockingReadingMode.run(BlockingReadingMode.java: 62)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:106)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: org.jivesoftware.wildfire.user.UserNotFoundException: user_1@im.myserv.com

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.roster.Roster.updateRosterItem(Roster.java:346)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.IQRosterHandler.manageRoster(IQRosterHandler. java:209)

… 12 more

2006.06.06 13:40:52 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.PresenceSubscribeHandler.manageSub(PresenceSub scribeHandler.java:251) Internal server error

org.jivesoftware.wildfire.user.UserNotFoundException: user_1@im.myserv.com

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.roster.Roster.updateRosterItem(Roster.java:346)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.PresenceSubscribeHandler.manageSub(PresenceSu bscribeHandler.java:239)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.PresenceSubscribeHandler.process(PresenceSubs cribeHandler.java:98)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.PresenceRouter.handle(PresenceRouter.java:116)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.PresenceRouter.route(PresenceRouter.java:61)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.PacketRouter.route(PacketRouter.java:73)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.processPresence(SocketReader.java:27 9)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.ClientSocketReader.processPresence(ClientSocketRe ader.java:56)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.process(SocketReader.java:174)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.BlockingReadingMode.readStream(BlockingReadingMod e.java:156)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.BlockingReadingMode.run(BlockingReadingMode.java: 62)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:106)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Hey Jeff,

Are you using public groups? Is a member of a public group trying to add a user that doesn’'t belong to the group? Which client are you using? Could you post the XML packets sent from the client when adding a new contact to the roster?

Any other information you can provide so we can reproduce the problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

– Gato

Hi Gato.

I was using a shared group with two people in it, turnign that off as it is acting very weird (3.0.0 alpha). I was having an issue where people that I tried to add were grey to me. It was strange. I took myself out of that group and presto, people were allowed to add adn I began receiving authorizing pops. I am using GAIM 1.5.0-16.fc5, one of the guys getting these errors in the logs is using Soapbox, checking on the others now. Will let you know on the others when I can get info. I don;t know if I can get debug from anyone that is having this issue, as to them everything ‘‘looks’’ normal for now.

Jeff

as a note too. I see more of this same message from someone that recently joined the server who is authorized to join it. I am ensuring this is strictly server related by checking their LDAP accounts as well.

Message was edited by: jeff_garner

Don’'t know if this could be part of the issue, but have been seeing alot of this too.

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: duplicate key violates unique constraint “jiverostergroups_pk”

Jeff

I guess this is gonna be the error thread for me. Alex asked that I condense them so here goes. I also am having issues with shared groups. Here is the now closed thread to reference:

http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/thread.jspa?messageID=122303&#122303

Jeff

Think sometime this weekend I am gonna add the newest nightly to se if the problem has been resolved by default. have alreadyused the 6th’'s nightly on the test machien and it looks good. Need to clean up the garbage errors to get to the real ones…

Jeff

No fix or the duplicate key errors but everythign else seem sfine