powered by Jive Software

Unble to connect the server

hi my openfire server is 4.2.3 and i am using smack 4.3.2 but i am always getting this exception

SmackConnection==>org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$NoResponseException: No response received within reply timeout. Timeout was 15000ms (~15s). While waiting for establishing TLS
at org.jivesoftware.smack.SynchronizationPoint.checkForResponse(SynchronizationPoint.java:317)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.SynchronizationPoint.checkIfSuccessOrWait(SynchronizationPoint.java:160)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.SynchronizationPoint.checkIfSuccessOrWaitOrThrow(SynchronizationPoint.java:131)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.connectInternal(XMPPTCPConnection.java:914)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.connect(AbstractXMPPConnection.java:409)

and this is how i am trying to connect

config.setXmppDomain(JidCreate.domainBareFrom(Constants.ServerDomain))
.setSecurityMode(ConnectionConfiguration.SecurityMode.disabled)
.setHost(XMPPConstants.XMPP_HOST)
.setPort(XMPPConstants.XMPP_PORT)
.setCompressionEnabled(false)
// .setHostnameVerifier(verifier)
.setSendPresence(false);

AndroidUsingLinkProperties.setup(MyApplication.instance);

TLSUtils.acceptAllCertificates(config);
TLSUtils.disableHostnameVerificationForTlsCertificates(config);

SASLAuthentication.unBlacklistSASLMechanism(“PLAIN”);
SASLAuthentication.blacklistSASLMechanism(“SCRAM-SHA-1”);
SASLAuthentication.blacklistSASLMechanism(“DIGEST-MD5”);

config.enableDefaultDebugger();

xmppConnection = new XMPPTCPConnection(config.build());
xmppConnection.addConnectionListener(this);
xmppConnection.setUseStreamManagement(true);
xmppConnection.setUseStreamManagementResumption(true);

xmppConnection.setReplyTimeout(15000);

where i am making mistake please help

I suggest changing your post to Smack Support forum (press pencil near title and change category).

ok

Just to eliminate the obvious, can the system running your client ping the server

Pheonixfire

sorry i didn’t get it properly
just to eliminate the obvious? like you mean SASLAuth and TLSUtils

no I am not able to connect to the server after connecting only i can ping the server

I ment making sure there was connectivity between client and server, it’s something frustrating
I’ve encountered myself.

Just to find a starting point, If you temporarily unblacklist those items, does it connect?
I haven’t done anything with the encrypted stuff myself yet, so I don’t know how much help I can be
with this

Best Regards
pheonixfire