Upgrade database failed?

Hello, I was running the embedded dbase and decided to migrate to a SQL Server. I created teh dbase and imported the tables and can see them but when after I changed the reference to the database in the Admin Console, i get this error when starting the jive server. I can still go into admin console and edit settings, I can also still send IMs back and forth. Is this anything I need to worry about or edit? I can send the debug log too if that will help.

Thanks.

phil.

Found old database schema (2.0). Upgrading to latest schema.

Database upgrade failed. Please manually upgrade your database.

Jive Messenger 2.2.2

Admin console listening at:

http://chntjive01:9090

https://chntjive01:9091

Hi Phil,

Which version of Messenger are you running and which version does the table jiveVersion say you have?

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi Ryan.

The Messenger version is 2.2.2 And I don’‘t seem to have a table called jiveVersion. Perhaps I’'m using an .sql script? the date of the script I have is …

/**

• $RCSfile: jive_forums_sqlserver.sql,v $

• $Revision: 1.3.4.2 $

• $Date: 2003/01/22 18:57:24 $

*/

Thank you for any help you can give me.

phil.

Hi Phil,

That’'s a really old script.

In your Messenger 2.2.2 directory there should be a database/upgrade directory. What you’'ll want to do is first run the 2.0 to 2.1 script, and then run the 2.1 to 2.2 script. Be sure to run the scripts while Messenger is not running and if at all possible I would first go through the upgrade process on a copy of your existing tables in a development/test environment.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

Thank you Ryan! I thought so, I didn’'t drill down far enough in the directory so I missed it and that old script was the only thing I could find.

I’'ll do that now and keep you posted!

Thanks again!

Ryan, quick question before I start breaking things…

My sql server is not ony my messenger system. I can blow away the dbase, would that be better than upgrading? I see there’'s a sql server scirpt in the dir C:\Program Files\Jive Messenger\resources\database. Should I just import that script into a clean database rather than upgrading from current, to 2.0-2.1 and then to 2.2?

Thanks

Should I just import that script into a clean database rather than

upgrading from current, to 2.0-2.1 and then to 2.2?

It’‘s entirely up to you. If you go the upgrade route then you won’‘t have to import any of your old data and if you go the clean install route you won’‘t have to worry something going wrong with one of the upgrade scripts. If you have good backups and a test environment I’'d lean towards doing an upgrade since it probably means less work in the long run.

Cheers,

Ryan

Ryan, that was it. Thank you for your help!

Good to hear.