Upgrade from 3.5.2 to 3.6.0a

I have tried to run this upgrade a couple of times to get to the current version, but every time I do, I can’t administer the server. It seems like the LDAP connection doesn’t pull the passwords into the database.

I have rerun the admin set up to reconnect to the LDAP, but that still won’t allow me to log in with my user name and password to the server and my users can’t connect through Spark.

On a related note, the monitoring plug in won’t work with 3.5.2 any more.

Here are my error logs:

at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.PrototyperThread.run(PrototyperThread.java:44)
2008.10.13 14:40:36 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.unzipPlugin(Pl uginManager.java:1084)
]
java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.(Unknown Source)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.(Unknown Source)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.unzipPlugin(Plu ginManager.java:1047)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManag er.java:938)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101 (Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodi c(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknow n Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
2008.10.13 14:40:56 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.unzipPlugin(Pl uginManager.java:1084)
]
java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.(Unknown Source)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.unzipPlugin(Plu ginManager.java:1047)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManag er.java:938)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101 (Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodi c(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknow n Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
2008.10.13 14:41:00 [org.jivesoftware.util.log.util.CommonsLogFactory$1.error(CommonsLogFactory.jav a:92)
] Prototype
java.sql.SQLException: The database is already in use by another process: org.hsqldb.persist.NIOLockFile@f7cf94a6[file =C:\Program Files\Openfire\embedded-db\openfire.lck, exists=true, locked=false, valid=false, fl =null]: java.lang.Exception: java.io.IOException: The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file : C:\Program Files\Openfire\embedded-db\openfire.lck
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcConnection.(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.DefaultConnectionBuilder.buildConnection(DefaultConn ectionBuilder.java:39)
at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.Prototyper.buildConnection(Prototyper.java:159)
at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.Prototyper.sweep(Prototyper.java:102)
at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.PrototyperThread.run(PrototyperThread.java:44)

The plug ins page on the server says it’s working fine.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

I forgot to mention that this is running with the embedded database on a Windows Server 2000 machine.