Upgrade from embedded to MS SQL and now no longer able to enter MSN details

I have just upgraded the database from the default embedded one to MS SQL and I have reinstalled the IM Gateway plugin but it will not seem to store the user credentials, meaning that we can now longer login to the MSN service. I have checked the SQL database for gateway tables and they appear to be there but they remain blank after entering the details from within Spark. This all used to work under the embedded database but now no longer seems to work under MS SQL. Any ideas?

What version of MsSQL are you using? Older versions don’'t support BIGINT so you may have to do some by-hand tweaking of the database tables. The release announcement mentioned this issue and basically that you would need to change the BIGINT columns to NUMERIC.

We are using MS SQL 2000 SP4

Check in your error.log … if there were problems you should be seeing some sort of tracebacks or something in there.

Actually, what version are you running? It occured to me that you may not be running beta 7. =) Beta 6 had a bug in it’'s database scripts for MsSQL and PostgreSQL.

Thanks. I have tried both version 6 and 7. The entries in the error log are:

2007.02.07 12:31:23 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.gateway.Registration.(Registration.java:83)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.gateway.RegistrationManager.createRegistration(Regist rationManager.java:71)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.gateway.BaseTransport.addNewRegistration(BaseTranspor t.java:1298)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.gateway.BaseTransport.handleIQRegister(BaseTransport. java:667)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.gateway.BaseTransport.processPacket(BaseTransport.jav a:434)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.gateway.BaseTransport.processPacket(BaseTransport.jav a:140)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.component.InternalComponentManager$RoutableComponent. process(InternalComponentManager.java:490)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.IQRouter.handle(IQRouter.java:250)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.IQRouter.route(IQRouter.java:104)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:67)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.StanzaHandler.processIQ(StanzaHandler.java:283)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.ClientStanzaHandler.processIQ(ClientStanzaHandler .java:79)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:248)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:147)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.messageReceived(ConnectionHandl er.java:126)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$TailFilter.messageReceived (AbstractIoFilterChain.java:703)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:362)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:54)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:800)

at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.support.SimpleProtocolDecoderOutput.flush(SimplePr otocolDecoderOutput.java:62)

at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.messageReceived(ProtocolCodecF ilter.java:186)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:362)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:54)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:800)

at org.apache.mina.filter.SSLFilter.handleAppDataRead(SSLFilter.java:626)

at org.apache.mina.filter.SSLFilter.handleSSLData(SSLFilter.java:604)

at org.apache.mina.filter.SSLFilter.messageReceived(SSLFilter.java:395)

at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.processEvent(ExecutorFilter.java :250)

at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter$ProcessEventsRunnable.run(Execut orFilter.java:305)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Is the version you are using something I can download? Maybe I need to set up a little db server farm at home and try some things…

Oh wait, can you look at your gatewayRegistrations table and see what the date columns are set to? If INTEGER, then make sure you are using beta 7 (which of course means you will need wildfire 3.2.0) and then drop the three gateway tables, remove the gateway entry from jiveVersion, and then reload the plugin.

OK, I dropped all the Gateway tables, and recreated them using the SQL script in the gateway plugin directory. Everything seems to be working fine for MSN. Thanks!

Whew! =) I was frightened that I had the db stuff STILL in a busted state. =) Glad to hear it’'s working well now.