Upgrade nightmare

I wish I hadn’t, but I did…. I upgraded from 3.1.1 to version 3.2 on wildfire server.

After updating the IM Gateway to beta 7, MSN works, but is always throwing this error…

Error trying to connect to remote server: radhet.com(DNS lookup: radhet.com:5269)

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.session.OutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(O utgoingServerSession.java:253)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.session.OutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain(Outg oingServerSession.java:142)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.sendPa cket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:199)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.run(Ou tgoingSessionPromise.java:184)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Error trying to connect to remote server: radhet.com(DNS lookup: radhet.com:5269)

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.session.OutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(O utgoingServerSession.java:253)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.session.OutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain(Outg oingServerSession.java:142)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.sendPa cket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:199)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.run(Ou tgoingSessionPromise.java:184)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I already responded to you via email, but I’‘ll response here for others benefit. These errors have nothing to do with the im gateway plugin. Instead they are related to s2s connections from Wildfire itself. (looks like a misspelling of redhat.com for one). That said, I’‘ve had a lot of problems with 3.2.0 myself … so much that I’‘ve downgraded to 3.1.1. (weird considering 3.2.0 rc2 was working just dandy for me) Anyway, I’'m seriously starting to consider building a 1.0 beta 7 that I post within the forum that works with Wildfire 3.1.1. Thoughts folk?

jadestorm

Good thought. thumbs up !

As I am experience serious problems with 3.2.0 too (Pandion login with TLS not working, despite some tips in the forum) I would very appreciate this. But take a look at the permissions too, as they are not working in 3.1.1 and in 3.2.0 as well not.

I posted this here in the forum already.

turbo

thanks for the reply.

where can i dl the IM Gateway 1.0 beta 6?

i have the server 3.1.1

oops. nevermind, i found a copy of beta 6

Message was edited by: geoffa

For other folks benefit, the beta 6 one is still available here:

http://www.igniterealtime.org/forum/servlet/JiveServlet/download/59-24335-138847 -2629/gateway.jar

Also, I’‘m waffling on building 1.0 beta 7 for pre 3.2.0 because I’‘ve been working with gato on fixing the things I’‘ve run into with 3.2.0. Rumor is there’'s a 3.2.1 coming out real soon.