Upgrade spark to version spark_2_7_0_659.exe

the display name of Winda becomes Win…i don’t rename it

i also got this error

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.jivesoftware.smack.util.PacketParserUtils$UnparsedResultIQ cannot be cast to org.jivesoftware.sparkplugin.sipaccount.SipAccountPacket

at org.jivesoftware.sparkplugin.sipaccount.SipAccountPacket.getSipSettings(SipAcco untPacket.java:175)

at net.java.sipmack.softphone.SoftPhoneManager.setupRemotePreferences(SoftPhoneMan ager.java:1023)

at net.java.sipmack.softphone.SoftPhoneManager.loadPreferences(SoftPhoneManager.ja va:989)

at net.java.sipmack.softphone.SoftPhoneManager.initializePhone(SoftPhoneManager.ja va:167)

at net.java.sipmack.softphone.SoftPhoneManager.getInstance(SoftPhoneManager.java:2 67)

at org.jivesoftware.sparkplugin.SoftPhonePlugin$1.construct(SoftPhonePlugin.java:8 5)

at org.jivesoftware.spark.util.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:141)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

when winda user away…it changed to winda, not Win…

offline users are the same Waty and Willy become Wa… and Wi…

very weird error,why these occur on the users started by W

what version did you upgrade from?

Here’s the changes for 659 (says 658 but 659 is the exact same)

http://bamboo.igniterealtime.org/browse/SPARK-INSTALL4J-658

maybe your softphone plugin is messing with something? try removing that plugin and see what happens?

i upgraded it from ver spark_2_6_3.exe

which plugins i should delete?

among all of those plugins i think that i should remove spellchecker…

hmm, well, i have all the same plugins as you have (on spark), except the translator plugin. i don’t know the last time the translator plugin was updated… perhaps there is an issue there? maybe try removing it and restart spark and see.

there are a lot of changes between 2.6.3 and 2.7.0_659, but nobody else is experiencing this issue so far so i’m not quick to think it’s a core spark issue, but rather environmental or a plugin.

i removed all plugins , but the users started with ‘W’ are the same…i will try to install plugins again

finish installed the plugins ,but the name started with W are the same…i’ll try to add one more person on openfire,i’ll create the name as Wiwowo…let’s see what happen. i renamed the name from winda to valencia, it works…the display name also valencia but Winda names i renamed become winda,the display name of Winda becomes perfect. i should rename into winda with the lower case of W

Winda -> winda

Waty -> waty

Willy -> willy

back to order version 2.6.3 but i installed jre-6u45-windows-i586.exe from the previous ver jre-6u37-windows-i586.exe.

i shouldn’t use ver 7 because adempiere doesn’t support for java 7,it only supports for java 6

what is the exact name that was causing the “…” ellipses to show? (I will create a test user in my environment and see if it replicates your problem)

also, spark can use (and probably should only use) the embedded java… as-to not use your system java. I would highly recommend having spark use java 7 instead of java 6 – there are very many reasons for this, among them are GUI bugs only in java 6 that will never be fixed by oracle, java 6 performance, and java 6 is no longer supported by oracle.

I was able to reproduce this on Windows XP system. One of the names is Winda and it shows as Win…

Other one is Wilhem Wanderburg (it is a test user ) and it’s showing as Wilhem Wanderbu…

This may be some Java 7 quirk on WinXP. This probably explains why this is not happening with older builds which still use Java 6.

consequently,the causes of that error is java? we should use java ver 7 instead of ver 6 on spark spark_2_7_0_659.exe

In your case i think the problem is in java7 on windows xp. You should use spark 2.6.3, or dont use windows xp. Not sure if this can be fixed to work normally with java7, but as windows xp is so old and unsupported, i dont think this is worth the time fixing.

P.S. i have filed this as SPARK-1583 but do not hope for this to be fixed quickly as Windows XP usage will slowly decline.

yeah, i got new error, we have a lot of errors but only some of them can be resolved…my notebook is win 7 ultimate, i will try it again on my notebook connect to my openfire company server…

wroot : you right, i used my windows 7 ultimate and connected to my company openfire server and the display name of winda,willy, and waty were perfect.