Upgrade to 3.0.1 Problem

I have tried to upgrade from Wildfire 3.0.0 to 3.0.1, but am getting errors…

Is there an upgrade guide? I am running Wildfire on Trixbox 1.1.1 (CentOS 4.3 Linux) and am using the .rpm package to install, but get lost of ‘‘conflict’’ messages when running the 3.0.1 rpm file. Could anyone advise what the problem might be?

Thanks,

Alan.

Hey Alan,

Could you tell us how are you installing the rpm file and the error that you are getting? Are you executing rpm -Uvh wildifre_3_0_1.rpm? Also make sure that the user running the update has the correct permissions to install it on the target folder.

http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/thread.jspa?messageID=119180&#119180

Regards,

– Gato

dombiak_gaston wrote:

Hey Alan,

Could you tell us how are you installing the rpm file and the error that you are getting? Are you executing rpm -Uvh wildifre_3_0_1.rpm? Also make sure that the user running the update has the correct permissions to install it on the target folder.

Just to be clear, will rpm-Uvh not[/b] hose my config and keystore files?

Hey Andrew,

As a precaution before running any upgrade you should back up conf/wildfire.xml and your database. And if you are using custom certificates then back up your keystore just in case your machine dies.

Having said that, the rpm update process may replace your existing conf/wildfire.xml with the new one. We are currently using install4j to create the rpm and we were not able to find a way to avoid this problem. Matt is now working to improve installers to make new installs and upgrades much easier.

Regards,

– Gato

Make sure you’'re using rpm -Uvh not -ivh.

I make a habit of backing up my entire install, doing an upgrade and then copying over my conf back.

Thanks for the help guys, I originally did -ivh, tried -Uvh and it installed ok!

Cheers,

Alan