Upgrade version of Openfire 4.1.4 to 4.1.5

I have in the company Openfire 4.1.4, installed on the Linux Virtual Server Ubuntu Server 64Bits. Openfire is associated with AD / DC, users and groups are all Active Direct.

What would be the step by step to carry out the update? Can I run from above without risk of losing information, groups, contacts, filing conversations?

If you can not explain it here in the community, where can I find the step by step? Thank you in advance.

Can’t give the exact steps, as i don’t use it on Ubuntu. But you should stop Openfire (the service) and then run the installer (same as with your first installation). It should upgrade on top and all the data and settings should stay in tact. Of course, do backups first.

Hi

Upgraded ours just last week.

Upgrading procedure is like installing the first time, and only 3 steps on upgrading…

1. Backup

2. Stop the openfire service

3. Start the upgrade

Hi friend, i already answered in your portuguese post.

Good evening.

Thank you for the informations.

I did it first on a server that I have as homologation, I saw that it does not really lose and does not change anything.

Performed in the production environment successfully.

Hello! I was trying to upgrade from 3.10.2 to the latest (4.1.5).

I successfully completed this tasks:

1. Backup

2. Stop the openfire service

But when I execute: rpm -ivh openfire-4.1.5-1.x86_64.rpm

multiple errors are shown, telling me that several files in the installations are in “conflict” with the file of the package openfire-3.10.2-1.i386

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance!

Alex Campos C.

Not sure about linux, but maybe your older version was not x86_64. @Daryl Herzmann ?

You are switching RPM archs, so you can’t install in that manner. You’ll need to rpm -e the old RPM first and then install the new one.

1 Like

Wroot, Daryl Herzman, thank you!
Daryl, I just did: rpm -e openfire-3.10.2-1

but I got another error that says that this package is needed by elastix-im-2.5.0-1.noarch

I guess I didn’t tell you that I want to upgrade Openfire on an Elastix PBX implementation… It is safe to “force” some how the uninstall of openfire-3.10.2-1 and then installing the newest release?

Have you ever got this scenario?

Gracias!!!

You should be careful here as it appears you have some vendor provided version of elastix-im. Do you know whom provided you that RPM? Perhaps you should ask them about if it is OK to update Openfire.

1 Like

Again, thanks Daryl, I will.

Saludos, y gracias!
ACC