Upgrading to Wildfire 2.6.2 and Pubsub DB error

Hi

While testing 2.6.2 on MySQL 5 and a previous 2.5.1 install, when 2.6.2 runs up for the first time, I get the following error:

2006.04.25 13:39:55 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.pubsub.PubSubPersistenceManager.saveSubscription(Pub SubPersistenceManager.java:889)

]

com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlDataTruncation: Data truncation: Out of range value adjusted for column ‘‘digest_frequency’’ at row 1

at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:2926)

at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:1571)

at com.mysql.jdbc.ServerPreparedStatement.serverExecute(ServerPreparedStatement.ja va:1124)

at com.mysql.jdbc.ServerPreparedStatement.executeInternal(ServerPreparedStatement. java:676)

at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PreparedStatement.java:1166)

at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PreparedStatement.java:1082)

at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PreparedStatement.java:1067)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.pubsub.PubSubPersistenceManager.saveSubscription(PubS ubPersistenceManager.java:848)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.pubsub.Node.saveToDB(Node.java:1702)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.pubsub.PubSubModule.initialize(PubSubModule.java:400)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.XMPPServer.initModules(XMPPServer.java:472)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.XMPPServer.start(XMPPServer.java:369)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.XMPPServer.(XMPPServer.java:142)

I think this may have been raised before and was wondering if it is intended to be fixed or if this is a limitation with MySQL 5 - I assume this is running the DB update script under resources\database\upgrade\6 or 7 or 8

Martyn

Further to my earlier message, I’‘ve had a look at the upgrade scripts and it looks like that under 8 for MySQL is in the UNIX text format - I’'m running this under windows, I will uninstall Wildfire, restore the backup data from 2.5.1 and try again after editing the script, then report back.

Red herring, same error is reported.

Gato identified minor bug affecting MySQL upgrade script only.

Hey guys,

The JM-661 issue has been fixed. The data that is being truncated is not really being used by Wildfire. Digest delivery mode is not supported (yet). To avoid that error/warning you can change the digest_frequency field from TINYINT to INT.

Regards,

– Gato