Use wildfire like a server

Would it be possible to put a file or so somewhere in my wildfire folder so that it can be downloaded by users?

LG

Jan

Hey Jan,

Wildfire is an XMPP server and not a web server. However, Wildfire includes a web server/serlvet container that is used for the admin console. You will need to write a plugin that will let you (i.e. an admin) drop files in a folder and expose them through HTTP. You can use the presence plugin as an example to build the new plugin.

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

– Gato

I already thought that this might become difficult… so i will install a xampp-server on a partition, should work, or?

Lg

Jan

Could I use wildfire and apache server at once? it’'s a xampp bundle?

Yup - as long as they run on different ports. (apache will run on 8080 by default I believe, and the default port for web pages is 80.)

Hey Jan,

You are correct. If you are going to deploy Wildfire in a web application container then you can use tomcat, apache, etc. to let users download any required file. If you are going to use tomcat you can read this document[/url]. If you are going to use apache, you can search this forums for instructions.

Regards,

– Gato

Hi Jan,

you can do this without changing anything. /images/header-help.gif is a file everyone can access if you open port 9090 of your router. Doing this is a bad idea, because everyone could try to use your admin console.

Using Apache on port 80 or 8080 would be much better if you just want to serve files which have nothing to do with the JID, if you need to deliver files depending on the JID then you want to write a Wifi plugin.

LG