User can't login due to a Pidgin message?

Hello,

I’ve a fresh 3.7.1 install running in production, and today I’ve encountered a problem with an user that wasn’t unable to log any more. He was using Pandion 2.6.37 and as soon as he was logging in, he could see all the people logged in for a fraction of second and then he disconnected.

In the warn.log I’ve found that he was experiencing the following error on a message coming from two users that were running Pidgin:

2012.11.08 09:20:16 org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter - Error or result packet could not be delivered Pidgin2.7.9 (libpurple 2.7.9)

2012.11.08 09:20:16 org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter - Error or result packet could not be delivered Pidgin2.7.9 (libpurple 2.7.9)

After removing from his roster the two users, the errors disappeared and he was able to log in.

Can you help me identify what’s the matter with this user? Should I actually block pidgin users from logging in to avoid this kind of problem?

Thank you very much anticipately, best regards,

Nicolò

This warning may be caused because the user has already disconnected.

I would check the logs on the Pandion client to try and find out why it disconnected, as there is no indication here that the problem was on Openfire’s end.