User Disconnect Problems

Hi there,

We’re running an openUC 4.4 server which has openfire integrated. I have connection manager set up to proxy to the openfire server on the openUC server. I’ve started having problems with users being disconnected for no apparent reason and I’m having trouble identifying the cause.

I happen to use Pidgin which disconnects with a “Ping Timeout” error, but I don’t see any logs that give more information. I’ve tried enabling debugging on the connection manager, but this doesn’t seem to be helpful. I mostly end up with notices that look like this :

2012.12.03 15:40:29 IQ stanza of type RESULT was discarded:

And occassionally I see these :

2012.12.03 16:06:26

java.io.IOException: Connection reset by peer

at sun.nio.ch.FileDispatcherImpl.read0(Native Method)

at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read(SocketDispatcher.java:39)

at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.readIntoNativeBuffer(IOUtil.java:218)

at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(IOUtil.java:191)

at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.read(SocketChannelImpl.java:359)

at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor.read(SocketIoProcessor.j ava:218)

at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor.process(SocketIoProcesso r.java:198)

at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor.access$400(SocketIoProce ssor.java:45)

at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor$Worker.run(SocketIoProce ssor.java:485)

at org.apache.mina.util.NamePreservingRunnable.run(NamePreservingRunnable.java:51)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

Which, in standard Java fashion, don’t have anything really useful… At least, I don’t think so… What peer reset the connection? Is this the connection between the connection manager and the openUC server?

Can anyone assist with how to go about troubleshooting these disconnects? Is there a setting I can enable to see more information?

Thanks…

Is anyone using connection manager? Or is there another solution I can use?

I am also facing similar kind of error what Mr.XenoPhage has cited. please find my discussion in the below url.

Any suggestions (or) work arounds would be highly helpful. Kindly, share some tweak on this (if possible).

Regards,
Adhiraju Mouli