User/Groups Link Hanging Web interface when using LDAP

UPDATE: It seems that if i let the UI sit there long enough it will eventually come back with a list of users. If i try to do anything to them it takes forever though…

I just set wildfire up to use LDAP for authentication and my login user works but i cant seem to get a listing of users from the User/Groups button up top. I click it and it just sits there…

Thoughts so far: it could just be taking too long to do the search and i need to optimize my indexes… 16k entries to go through take a little bit

CONF FILE>>>>>>>>>

2006.05.17 03:05:33 Creating a DirContext in LdapManager.getContext()…

2006.05.17 03:05:33 Created hashtable with context values, attempting to create context…

2006.05.17 03:05:33 … context created successfully, returning.

stderror.log is HUGE with what looks like the output of the ldap search…

thoughts?

thx,

-guil

Message was edited by: gfbarros

Hi Guil,

Which version of Wildfire are you using? The reason I ask is that there was a major performance improvement made with the release of Wildfire 2.6.1, you can read more about it url=http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/thread.jspa?messageID=118261&#118261here[/url].

Regards,

Ryan

version 2.6.2 i downloaded just yesterday…

I’'ve noticed, with 2.6.2, that the first time wildfire has to retrieve infromation from LDAP, its not exactly quick about it.

I’'ve also noticed, that if multiple events cause information to be retrieved from LDAP, it seems to pretty much fall over and die.

So, for example, when I start up wildfire, I have to set the client ports to non-standard, get wildfire started, go to the Users page of the admin console, and view the group that I have set up with all of my users, wait the couple of minutes it takes to display that page with the ~160 users, and only then can I set my client ports back to normal and let people in. If people log in before I do that, the server seems to pretty much eat itself. And, no, I haven’'t found any useful log information in any of the logs at all…nothing relevant.

I’‘m thinking that this is a similar situation to what is happening that’'s causing my server to fall over on a semi-regular basis otherwise…perhaps some information is getting expired and multiple events occur that cause that information to be re-retrieved from LDAP and the server falls over trying to do that? Shot in the dark, there, but from what I know, its feasible.

Jeff