User Not Able to Send/Receive Messages through spark

Hi all,

Yesterday I had a user come up to me stating that he couldn’t send/receive messages from anyone. I went over to his desk to check it out and noticed that all other spark users can see his status changes and can see he’s online but when they send messages he can’t see them and he can’t send chat messages either. He’s able to click on the users displayed but nothing happens. I’ve updated him to the latest spark messenger 2.6.3 but it still didn’t work. I had to install Pidgin on his pc in order for him to start using his chat again. He stated that he performed a Adobe update right before which could have updated flash possibly but I don’t see how that could affect the Spark client. I’ve checkd the logs and have not seen anything major. If needed I can upload them. Can anyone please help? Thanks in advance.

You can try starting with a fresh profile. Delete old profile here:

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Spark

or

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Spark

He will lose his chat history. You can try saving the important history from the transcripts folder. Though actually some of these transcripts, which became corrupted, probably causing these troubles.

Wroot,

Thanks for the tip. I ended up deleting both the C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Spark and the C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Spark folders. I restarted spark and logged in using the users username and password and was now able to send chat messages, but now when I send chat messages the text that I input in the chat window stays put but the message gets sent. When I receive a reply to that message I can’t see the other persons reply. It simply comes back blank. Any suggestions?

What version of Spark are you using and what operating system?

Spark 2.6.3 running on a Windows 7 PC. I’m thinking of going into the registry and deleting the key to spark in it’s entirety then starting install over.