User oddity

I am running Openfire 3.5.2

One of my users was complaining that he wasn’t seeing people online and people were not seeing him. I checked, logging in as him from a different PC and client and saw the same thing. The server admin panel showed him as both authenticated and offline, and said he had been offline for several days. In fact, he was showing as his last logout the day before the server was upgraded.

I attempted to delete his account, and got a long java error (see end of message). The account was deleted, but when i recreate it, I get the same symptoms.

I can work around this in the short term by giving him a new login, but that doesn’t work for our naming conventions in the long run. Any ideas on what may be causing this problem and how to fix it?

Thanks!

Exception:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jivesoftware/util/lock/LockManager
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.BaseTransport.processPacket(BaseTransport.java:175)
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.component.InternalComponentManager$RoutableComponents.process(InternalComponentManager.java:593)
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.RoutingTableImpl.routePacket(RoutingTableImpl.java:258)
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.PresenceSubscribeHandler.process(PresenceSubscribeHandler.java:160)
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.PresenceRouter.handle(PresenceRouter.java:174)
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.PresenceRouter.route(PresenceRouter.java:70)
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:76)
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.roster.Roster.deleteRosterItem(Roster.java:444)
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.roster.RosterManager.deleteRoster(RosterManager.java:112)
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.user_002ddelete_jsp._jspService(user_002ddelete_jsp.java:98)
     at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1093)
     at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:118)
     at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
     at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:66)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
     at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:42)
     at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:70)
     at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:99)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:726)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:206)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:505)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:829)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:514)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380)
     at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:395)
     at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:488)