User Service and the Roster cache

The service plugin does not seem to clear/update the Roster cache, so when a name is changed the new name is not shown to rosters that have seen the old name.

Is it possible to do something about this? disable the roster cache for example.

Hi,

could you please explain what you want to do? I can’'t see a way to modify the roster or entires in a roster using the User Service Plugin.

LG

I’'ve pretty much got it now having searched through the source.

What I’‘m doing, is using the User Service plugin to change a user’'s name which works great but if someone had already seen that user in their roster then they would see the old (cached) name.

I’‘ve disabled some caches and just need to see which cache is actually the one I want to disable (I’'ve not had time to try each one indevidually). Anyway setting the following properties disabled the cache:

cache.userCache.size = 0

cache.userGroup.size = 0

cache.username2roster.size = 0

Although in an ideal world, the cache would be enabled and cleared using the command line or the User Service plugin.

Hi,

but if someone had already seen that user in their roster then they would see the old (cached) name.” - that’'s actually how the roster works. One can even change the name for a user like foobar@example.com to “little Witch”. So I really wonder how you could change this name, even if you disable the roster cache completely.

The only name you can change is the one Wildfire stores in the jiveUser table together with the username and email address. Is there the problem you see?

LG

it2000 wrote:

The only name you can change is the one Wildfire stores in the jiveUser table together with the username and email address. Is there the problem you see?

That’‘s it, but its not a major problem because it is probably and odd situation that I’'m in. Users only have access via a Flash client that has restricted features, they cannot control who is in the roster, that is done centrally, hence changing the name “in the roster”.