Username display in Spark client

Hi everyone,

I know this is the OpenFire forum, and I’m asking a question about Spark - however I think this is more an issue with my OpenFire configuration than with Spark itself. However, feel free to move this post if need be.

I have OpenFire configured to pull user user information from AD, and that seems to work. However, in the Spark client the name in the contact list (the “nickname” in the vCard) is the samAccountName instead of the displayName as I have it configured. I’ve modified my vCard mapping as listed below, and I have the ldap.nameField set to displayName, which according to my LDAP browser is the name I’d prefer. I’ve restarted the server and the Spark client, and even removed and re-added the contact, and get the same thing. What am I missing

Thanks…

vCard Mapping:

{sn}{givenName}{mail}{displayName}{disp layName}image/jpeg{jpegPhoto}</P HOTO>{homePostalAddress}{ postOfficeBox}{l}{st}{post alCode}{c}{homePhone}</NU MBER>{telephoneNumber}{mobile}{pager}</NU MBER>{facsimileTelephoneNumber}{title}{wWWHomePage}{company}{department}

1 Like

An update, I just noticed that the nickname display in the contact record is correct, but the names in the contact list still show the samAccountName (I would attach pictures but evidently I’m not permitted to do so )

Hi Greg,

I have the same issue. Sorry that I can’t give you an answer now but if I find out the relevant configuration part, I will tell you.

Best,

Benni