Users not being automatically created when using NativeAuthProvider

I am having problems authenticating not yet existing users. The documentation says that the user will be created if the authentication succeeds and the user does not yet exist on Jive Messenger. But the behaviour I am experiencing is that existing users (before changing the auth and user provider) can authenticate but new users are not authenticated nor created after entering the correct password.

Any ideas?

I got this on the warn.log file:

2005.11.04 15:14:28 Se detectó un error en el flujo de datos
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException
 at org.jivesoftware.messenger.user.DefaultUserProvider.createUser(DefaultUserProvider.java:94)
 at org.jivesoftware.messenger.auth.NativeAuthProvider.authenticate(NativeAuthProvider.java:138)
 at org.jivesoftware.messenger.auth.AuthFactory.authenticate(AuthFactory.java:114)
 at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SASLAuthentication.doPlainAuthentication(SASLAuthentication.java:251)
 at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SASLAuthentication.doHandshake(SASLAuthentication.java:139)
 at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReader.readStream(SocketReader.java:254)
 at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:114)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

If you’‘re using the NativeAuthProvider, you need to also be using the NativeUserProvider. This can be configured in the XML file where you configure the NativeAuthProvider. I’'ll add some checking to the code to print out a better error message as well.

Regards,

Matt

I’‘m getting the same error (java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException at DefaultUserProvider.createUser) with my custom AuthProvider - I have the AuthProvider and UserProvider setup in the jive-messenger.xml file and everything seems to work fine until the user create part. I’'m using the code from the POP3 provider as a reference.

Maybe this should be in the dev forum, but since the logging would help me out, I’'m posting here.

Thanks!

Matt,

I checked out the latest code and saw some changes in the providers. I applied this to my custom auth provider and that did the trick! Maybe the new code will help peralta too.

You guys rock!

Thanks again!