Users show as offline when they are online

Some of the users of the new IM server I’'ve set up are experiencing an issue where at times users are showing as offline even though they are logged in and online. 1 user sees all/some contacts offline while another user see some of those same contacts as online (which they should be). All clients use the newest spark.

Any clues on how to resolve this issue?

It appears this is an issue since I have 28 views, and apparantly nobody has been able to resolve it.

Is there a way to force a status message from the server, or force a request from all clients to determine offline/online status?

The users that are constantly showing as offline are reverting to their full JID in the contact list, as opposed to their name, or nickname.

Perhaps the users in question got disconnected, then Spark auto reconnected?

That generally messes up your roster.

It’‘s not a one shot deal though. It’‘s different users, seeing different people offline. It seems to be a more spark related happening as well. I’'ll have to go fill in more data on the thread I created there.

User A shows online for me

User A shows as offline (usera@server.domain.com) for another user

User re-adds them to the roster and they appear back online.

However, come tomorrow or the next day User A might be back in that offline again, or maybe it’'s User C who is there.

No log errors and plenty of Java memory free?

Yep

What is your actual configuration environment of your server and clients. I had a similar issue with one of my clients from my test group. The solution was twofold.

1. Use the canotical name of the server as it appears in DNS (chatserver.domain.com) everywhere: Server config and client.

2. Rebuild ip stack of windows with netsh command.

What is your actual configuration environment of your server and clients. I had a similar issue with one of my clients from my test group.

Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2

Clients are either on Windows XP, 2000, or Mac OSX

Server: Openfire 3.3.

Client: Spark 2.5.3

1. Use the canotical name of the server as it appears in DNS (chatserver.domain.com) everywhere: Server config and client.

Both Openfire and all users use the canotical name for the server.

1. Rebuild ip stack of windows with netsh command.+

I’'ll try this tonight after hours.

if we believe this to be spark related, try using a second client (pandion?) and let us know the results