Users show online but unable to receive messages

Recently updated to Wildfire 3.2.4 & have been facing this problem where users suddenly stop receiving messages although they show up online in the roster.

my wildfire server is on a private network, with port 5222 being natted to it.

see lots of below logs under *INFO >>>

2007.05.15 18:32:02 Packet sent to unreachable address

— Marker inserted by admin at May 15, 2007 6:41:44 PM —

2007.05.15 18:45:02

java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read0(Native Method)

at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read(Unknown Source)

at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.readIntoNativeBuffer(Unknown Source)

at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(Unknown Source)

at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.read(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor.read(SocketIoProcessor.j ava:232)

at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor.process(SocketIoProcesso r.java:206)

at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor.access$500(SocketIoProce ssor.java:44)

at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor$Worker.run(SocketIoProce ssor.java:506)

at org.apache.mina.util.NamePreservingRunnable.run(NamePreservingRunnable.java:43)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

2007.05.15 18:46:45

java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor.read(SocketIoProcessor.j ava:232)

at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor.process(SocketIoProcesso r.java:206)

at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor.access$500(SocketIoProce ssor.java:44)

at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor$Worker.run(SocketIoProce ssor.java:506)

at org.apache.mina.util.NamePreservingRunnable.run(NamePreservingRunnable.java:43)

2007.05.15 18:47:27

2007.05.15 18:47:28 jason authorized to jason

2007.05.15 19:01:34

2007.05.15 19:02:23 jason authorized to jason

2007.05.15 19:04:16

2007.05.15 19:04:30

2007.05.15 19:14:35

can someone please give me some insight on what i may be missing ?

Thanks

Shubham

Aha, I also fall across this problem.

I use openfire from version 3.3.0 beta to 3.3.1, the problem almost killed me.

Watch this topic I post:

http://www.igniterealtime.org/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=26491&tstart=0

So upgrading to openfire 3.3.1 solved the problem for you ? i cannot upgrade to 3.3.1 as then i will loose Spark Manager Plugin (which is VERY imp for me ).

Can not. It seems the problem occur more frequently.

If you have OPENFIRE server 3.3.0 or 3.3.1 then use this spark manager plugin:

http://www.igniterealtime.org/forum/servlet/JiveServlet/download/40-25851-145463 -2710/sparkmanager.jar

Hope that helps!!

Scott

But When I use Pandion as client?

Hi Scott,

thanks for the link to sparkmanager plugin for openfire , but my problem with wildfire/openfire continues.

going by what adun tell me about “users show online but unable to receive messages” getting worse with 3.3.1 , i dont think i will update .

really need to find out what is causing those error on wildfire & why users suddenly stop receiving messages even though they show online. maybe it’'s because i run my server behind a nat … but i am sure there are lots of such installations out there.

i do not understand those error at all, can someone enlighten me ?

had a perfectly stable server until i updated to 3.2.4, guess i will rollback to 3.1.1.

• Shubham

shubhamj , Which client you use? And only occur these problem when upgrade to 3.2.4?

If you do not occur this problem with previous version, I will try it and have a test.

hi

i use spark 2.0.8 & pandion 2.5, problem persists with both clients

i updated wildfire from 3.1.1 to 3.2.4 , never faced this problem before.

will try to increate roster cache size & check if this helps my case.

Shubham

Have you tried?