Very long DNS resolving on Android 4.0.4

I testes Smack on Android 4.0.4 today and got very long connection time related to DNS resolving. Very similar to 15 Second Delay Connecting to XMPP Server in 4.2.0 but I’ve seen this only on Android 4.0.4. I have also 4.4.2 and later ones, they work good.

Smack 4.2.0-rc3 Also I use custom AndroidUsingExec class from here Filter out empty values in AndroidUsingExec · Flowdalic/minidns@f46491a · GitHub

Full connection log below:

Smack 4.2.0-rc3 very long time DNS resolving on Android 4.0.4 (no problems on 4.4.2 or 6-7) · GitHub

Somehow 56.0.0.0 and 49.0.0.0 are returned by one DNS server lookup mechanism. Which, while valid IPv4s, are likely not valid DNS servers because they do not respond. Again the question is: How and which DNS server lookup mechanism did pick up those IPs?

I assume that they are set by Android as a silly default and somehow 4.0.4 returns them instead of the real DNS servers.

“getprop | grep -i dns” executed on Android 4.0.4 should return according to some forum posts:

Anyhow 4.0.4 has reached EOL some days ago so I expect that it will not be fixed in Android.