Voice chat capabilities in Fastpath Web chat

Hi,

Are there any voice chat capabilities buit into the Fastpath Web chat. I do not wan to use SparWeb, as I want visitors on my website to be able to voice chat with me without creating an account etc.

Thanks.

Now that is a great idea!!. Put the SIP phone from the Red5 plugin into Fastpath Web client and web site visitors can talk to Spark Agent using the Spark SIP plugin. Any takers??

To answer your original question. No I don’t think so

-dele

That would be cool if anyone can make it work.

If you install the latest red5 plugin (version 0.0.0.24), you should be able to take the callme web application and combine it with fastpath webchat with a bit of HTML and Javascript.

Yup… as Dele suggests, you can embed Red5 functions in Fastpath. I am working on integrating the 2 way Video Conference function of Red5 into Fastpath so that we can do customer facing support with webcams.

Attached are my modified jsp files. Note that I unpacked the webchat.war file on an Apache Tomcat server and then edited the jsp files after that.

I’ve placed the Red5 portion as an iFrame in chat window.

I’m currently messing with the Fastpath source code on the Agent side to integrate the same thing in a JPanel or something like that above the Agents chat window.

Also, Dele, great work on Red5… it’s slick!

Hi Dele,

I downloaded the latest red5 plugin 0.0.0.24. It looks great. However, I’m facing a problem. When I click login, sometimes it says “Connection Success” and takes me to the phone screen. Other times, it just says “Connection Success” and stays on that screen. It doesnt give me the Reg.Ok msg or take me to the phone screen. Could you please help me?

Thanks,

Advait

You will get a connection success message when the red5phone flex application connects sucessfully to the red5 application specified in the red5url (rtmp:/sip). This will cause an MJSIP SIP client object to be created for the user which attempts to register with the SIP proxy or Asterisk using the details entered.

You should always get a Reg status response back from your SIP proxy or Asterisk indicating registration sucess or failure. If you dont, then UDP messages between Openfire and your SIP proxy or asterisk are being blocked or are failing due some reason. Check the MjSIP error log files xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.nnnn_events.log and xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.nnnn_messages.log (10.238.8.55.5070_events.log for example). Is your Openfire and SIP proxy/Asterisk on the same network or seperated by a firewall/router.

Dele,

Thanks for the response. I have attached an events log. I am running Asterisk and Openfire on the same CentOS machine on Amazon’s EC2. Looking at the events log, it says that there is a Bind Exception. When I look at running processes on that port on my server, it shows that there is an Openfire process already tied to that port (I think I am having this problem when it tries to connect to ports 5070 and 5080 only).

Thanks,

Advait

Dele,

I changed the start and end ports for Red5 to 3070-3099 and this seems to have done the trick. The ports seemed to have been conflicting with some other app on my server and hence was not able to connect when it treid on those ports.

Thanks for you help.

Hi Dele,

Im again running into the situation where on clicking the Login button on the FlashPhone, it just says Connection Success and then doesnt proceed any further. Looking at the events log, it says that Bind Exception…Address already in use. What I think is happening is that I’m able to get connected successfully sometimes, but even I close the browser, those ports are still being locked. Hence when I try to connect again, and it tries to connect to that port which has been left open, I am unable to proceed. However, if it tries connecting to a port that is free, it gets connected fine and I get the dial pad screen.

Thanks.