VoIP support

Hi,

Is there anyway to make voice calls using the Spark Web chat? I want to give visitors to my website that ability to chat with my customer support, without them having to register etc.

Thanks,

Advait

VOIP through sparkweb is not possible right now, I believe. YOu could use the Fastpath plugin and the Spark Fastpath Webcat plugin to achieve what you are looking for. The Spark Fastpath Webchat can run from the openfire server or any other web application server capable of running the webcaht.war file. I have posted some newer versions of the Fastpath quickstart guides in the community openfire documents. you should be running Openfire 3.5.1 to use these plugins.

Thanks for the reply. I installed the Fastpath plugin and Webchat plugin. However, there is no voice chat capability in the webchat plugin, and thats what Im looking for. Any other solutions?

for voice I do not know of any solution.

The Red5 Plugin has a modified SparkWeb with a SIP phone using the Openfire SIP plugin like Spark. It also has a Flash softphone in Flex which can be added to the WebChat plugin.

Is there any quick way to incorporate the Flash softphone into the Fastpath webchat?

Hi Dele,

I installed and worked with the Red5 Flash phone, and it’s awesome. I have a couple of questions-

1. Is there anyway to preset the text fields in the Flash Phone. The reason is that I dont want the caller to have to enter anything into the flash phone. He/She should just hit the call button and the call should come through to a number that can be set as a parameter via http or something. I would also like all the info such as SIP server, password etc to come as a HTTP parameter to the phone

2. Can I create just 1 guest account in my SIP server and Openfire and have multiple users using this account to make calls simultaenously?

Thanks,

Advait

Is there anyway to preset the text fields in the Flash Phone

Assuming you use the Openfire SIP plugin and configure a SIP account for a user called my_username, you want something like this

http://my_openfire_server/red5/callme?user=my_username

I could add that to the next release.

Can I create just 1 guest account in my SIP server and Openfire and have multiple users using this account to make calls simultaenously?

Depends on how you setup your SIP server. If you use Asterisk, the number could be anthing in your dalplan which includes a Queue, IVR (Interactive Voice Response) menu or multiple phones ringing simultaeously.

Dele,

Apart from the username being filled in for the phone call, it would really help if all the other iformation such as SIP server, SIP realm etc are also passed why HTTP to the phone, so that the user doesnt have to enter that info.

Thanks,

Advait

it would really help if all the other iformation such as SIP server, SIP realm etc are also passed why HTTP to the phone, so that the user doesnt have to enter that info.

Thats what the openfire SIP plugin does. It stores this info on the Openfire DB and makes it available to Spark and other XMPP clients as part of service discovery. That way the web client does not have to knw or store the information. It only needs to know the JID of the SIP user.

Dele,

I was asking for this integration with your Red5 Flash phone rather than Spark Web. Is that possible?

Advait,

I think you are missing the hidden question here ;). Where do we store SIP details?. In openfire or in cookies using the web client?

I am not talking about SparkWeb, but the Openfire SIP plugin. It stores SIP details in the Openfire DB and does call logging and already has a user interface to edit/modify the data. I would prefer to use it for the callme service rather than exposing the SIP details in the request URL.

In any case, to answer your original question, yes.

The Red5Phone is written in Flex3 and the source code is provided. Download the free open source Flex SDK, and you can make any changes you like and recompile. It is a just one file (Red5Phone.mxml) and Actionscript/MXML is like coding Javascript/HTML.

-dele

Dele,

I downloaded the SDK and was able to make changes(hardcoded values for now). You have been of great help. Thanks a lot.

Dele,

Sorry to trouble you again. I am able to get the Softphone to connect and work on my local LAN. To make it work for people accessing outside my LAN, what ports do I need to open up? My Asterisk SIP is running on 5060,the SIP clients I have alloted 2070-2099 in the OpenFIre admin console, and RTP clients 3000-3029. I have forwarded all the above mentioned ports on my router.

When I open the red5 main page which contains the Flash phone etc, from a PC which is not on my LAN, it says “Connecting…” and then after some time says “Network Connection Closed”

Thanks

One of the advantages of using a flash softphone is that you only have to open ports for RTMP and RTMPT. The SIP ports are within your LAN and are not exposed to your users. You do not have to open the SIP and RTP ports to the outside world.

The Red5 plugin is configured to use port 1935 for RTMP (rtmp:/sip) and port 8000 for RTMPT (rtmpt::8000/sip)

-dele

Hey Dele,

Sorry to trouble you again. I managed to get red5,asterisk,openfire etc set up on a CentOS box. Using the red5 plugin and flash phone users are able to connect to the server and make calls. However, the receiver of the call can hear the caller’s voice, but the caller is unable to hear the receiver’s voice.

I recompiled the asao2ulaw and changed permissions to 755. Am I missing something?

Hi,

I have red5phone connected to Astersik through red5. I can’t connect 2 red5phones using the same asterisk extension but at the same time I’m able to connect 1 red5phone and multiples x-lite to the same sip account in asterisk.

• Is there a way to configure red5 to allow multiples red5phone use the same sip account ?

Thanks

can you tell me is sip client other than spark registers with openfire