Web Admin no longer starts after completing setup

I just completed the setup process for a new installation of the Jive Messenger on SuSE SLES 9 using MySql. After restarting the messenger using the stop and then start buttons that are part of the Standalone GUI, I am no longer able to reach the web administration tool. I only get connection refused when attempting to contact http://localhost:9090. No errors are logged in embedded-web.log, so I am left without a hunch here. It seems the messenger itself is starting just fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Trent

After starting messenger, are you able to view http://localhost:9090/login.jsp, or do you just get a connection refused?

I still get a connection refused. It seems the embedded webserver is not starting at all.

To see if it would happen again, I ran the Jive_Uninstaller and started over from scratch (except for the DB setup) running the installer and then successfully getting through the setup using the web interface. After completing the setup, I recycle the messenger and then again the web interface no longer becomes available.

The only information looged is in the jive.info.log file and it shows:

2004.10.05 11:06 ####################################################################

2004.10.05 11:06 Jive Messenger 1.1.0 Professional Started

2004.10.05 11:06

2004.10.05 11:06 Messenger domain: 10.32.14.10

2004.10.05 11:06 startup.license.unlimited

2004.10.05 11:06 Started plain (unencrypted) socket on port: 5222

I also configured the server for SSL connections, and apparantly that is not starting up either. The other log files are empty.

Okay, I figured out the problem. I had to start the server using java -jar messengerd.jar in order to see the error output. I was getting a NoClassDefFoundError exception when trying to load the SSL stuff. By setting jive.xmpp.socket.ssl.active=false, I am able to get around this error and the web interface now starts.

Now I figured out why I was getting this error. I was using IBM’‘s JVM 1.4.2 instead of SUN’'s JVM 1.4.2 as the IBM JVM is installed by default under SUSE SLES 9.

Good info for anyone running SuSE out there.

Glad to hear you’'re making progress! What JVM and version are you using?

Regards,

Matt

Matt-

I updated the previous reply - which answers your question. That was exactly the problem, wrong JVM.

Thanks for your help-

Trent