Web Start - JNLP - System Tray Icon

I’ve downloaded the latest trunk from SVN, compiled it, made it working with Web Start, but I have a few bugs…

First, the icon does not show up in the system tray, so when a user closes it, they can’t get it up and running again. Is there any way to get this working?

Second, for some reason this just stopped working all of a sudden. When I double click on a user in the roster, nothing happens. I finally click through enough of them that a chat window finally opens. Then, when I type a message and hit send, nothing goes through. When I use the installed client 2.5.8, everything works great. I would much prefer to use Web Start so that I can push out updates more seamlessly, but if it’s a problem with Web Start security or something, then I guess I’ll go back to the installed version.

Is anyone else experiencing weird stuff with Spark and Web Start?

Thanks!

JNLP File…

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

Spark
Spark
Spark
Spark

I went through more postings and realized I had left out jdic.jar (see here).

I added it to my JNLP but it still doesn’t work. What’s wrong with what I have?

I decided to move this to the DEV forum. If there are any mods looking at this, please delete this. For all others, please visit the post in the DEV forum here: http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/message/181244#181244