Webchat port is 5223

Hi guys

After I copied all the necessary plugins in my wildfire plugins folder… I got this error when trying to acces webchat. I noticed that my port is in 5223 which I supposed must be running in 5222. I already checked my client port in admin console and it was defined as 5222. How can i change my webchat port to 5222?? Need your help guys.

Chat Demo Mode

To test a workgroup request, click on the following icon(s):

Unable to connect to server using the following settings:

Server:

Port: 5223[/b]

Test Connection

Please change your server settings in the setup tool.I

Hi,

I don’'t know if FastPath is able to connect to the SSL port 5223. Did you disable the plain / TLS port 5222 or how is your Wifi configuration (/ssl-settings.jsp)?

LG

We are getting this exact same error. Is there a way to overcome this error?

Hi thaddeusq,

Try these steps:

1. Stop Wildfire

2. Edit the file “Wildfire/plugins/webchat/WEB-INF/chat-settings.xml”

3. Make sure the settings are what you expect:

/code

1. Start Wildfire

2. Try Webchat

Please let us know what you find.

Cheers,

Greg

Now I get the following error:

Chat Demo Mode

To test a workgroup request, click on the following icon(s):

Unable to connect to server using the following settings:

Server: jabber.ourdomain.com

Port: 5222

Test Connection

Please change your server settings in the setup tool.

Message was edited by: thaddeusq

Maybe this helps, we are using LDAP authentication. Do I need to create a user for the FastPath client?

Thanks.

Thad

Hi Thad,

Ah, do you have “Anonymous Login” allowed in your Wildfire installation. You can find this setting in the “Admin Console > Server > Registration & Login” page in the “Anonymous Login” section. You need to “Enable” this features so that Fastpath can connect to your Wildfire server anonymously.

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Greg

Enabling Anonymous Login allowed us past that error. Now we are getting a new problem. Similar to the problem talked about in the thread titled “Connects but Doesn’'t,” we get the same symptms as that thread, but, different entries in the error log. I have sent my log entries to Kelly Perkel. I have yet to hear anything back. This problem is holding up our purchase of Fastpath.

Hi Thad,

Thanks for the update. I will check in with Kelly to take a look at your logs and let you know what I find.

Thanks,

Greg

It turns out there was a problem with our Postgres wildfire database. We ended up removing the wildfire database and re-creating it and it works now.

Thanks for everyone’'s ideas.

Thad

Ok. To fix the original error of this thread, we had to enable Anonymous Login. Not a preferred approach, but, no other choice on this.

This raised another issue that was similar to the Connects but doesn’'t thread. This issue was solved by removing the Administrators from the Group Chat page.

Apparently, there can be no Administrators on the Group Chat page.

Thanks.

Thad