Weird error 500 in AS3

Hi all,

I have managed to create a working AS3 XIFF chat, and everything works just fine, except that from the beginning my chat keeps tracing a XIFF error 500.

Does anyone have any idea why I could be getting this error? I want to get rid of it.

(Also I have noticed that the users that log-in through the AS3 chat can been seen through the openfire admin console, but their presence appears to be offline - perhaps the issues are related?)

10x in advance,

David.

I have never got a 500 error, however I have noticed that when users initially logs on, their presence is offline. If I recall correctly, the database doesn’t have a row to store the user’s Presence. So you would need to “restore” it for each session. The Presence.show property isn’t really a problem to restore, its Presence.status. Presence.status, is the user’s tag-line that he or she can assign any string value for. So the user needs to retype their status for each session.

At least that is how I see it, but I could be wrong.

XIFF error 500 on connect

That is some helpful info about the presence that I didn’t know,

however, the main issue remains, and the strangest thing is that the chat works, the users log-in, they enter a room, they chat, they can destroy the room - in short, everything works, except for that annoying error 500 on connect.

I really want to get rid of this error.

Anyone have a clue?

Anyone experienced something similar?

Will this cause future problems?

10x again,

David.

I would need to see more code. Do you have a SVN repository that I can Checkout?

Are you using Openfire server?

myIP:

Unfortunately I do not have an SVN repository of my Actionscript 3 code

but the connection code is quite simple:

connection = new XMPPSocketConnection();

** **connection.username = ‘username’;

** **connection.password = ‘password’;

** **connection.port = 5222;

** **connection.server = ‘server IP’;

connection.addEventListener(LoginEvent.LOGIN, onLogin);

connection.addEventListener(XIFFErrorEvent.XIFF_ERROR, onError);

connection.connect(“standard”);

private function onLogin(e:XIFFErrorEvent):void{

** trace(“connected”);**

}

private function onError(e:XIFFErrorEvent):void{

** trace("error: "+e.errorCode);**

** **}

**//**code outputs:

////error: 500

////connected

The funny thing is that the connection works fine - I can then join a room, chat, leave the room, and disconnect.

David.

http://paazio.nanbudo.fi/tutorials/flash/xiff-chat-part-1

Once login, you should send Presence before doing anything else.

I have the same problem. And I think your solution is about AS2, I try it in AS3 XIFF, It cannot work.

Do someone know how to fix it?

This is probably the result of the XIFF library not supporting a feature in your xmpp server. I traced the code and found this to be the souce of my 500 errors when logging in.