What does Wildfire implement for JEP-0060?

Does anyone know, or is it described anywhere, what Wildfire implements for JEP-0060 Publish-Subscribe? Which version of the extension is used, and what features are and aren’'t implemented?

I can create pubsub collection nodes using the format described in JEP-0060 version 1.7, but Wildfire doesn’'t create leaf nodes within the collection node using the version 1.7 formats.

Hey cz,

Wildfire implements version 1.8 of the XEP-60: Publish and Subscribe. Between version 1.7 and 1.8 a lot of changes were applied to the specification so clients need to update to be able to keep using pubsub.

Regards,

– Gato

Hi Gato,

There seems to be a conflict between your statement and Matt’‘s? I’'m a bit confused here. Which version exactly is correct? Somewhere between 1.7-1.8, 1.7-1.9, 1.8-1.9?

Hey cz,

XEP-60 version 1.8 is what Wildfire implements. To be more accurate I would say that it is possible that a vrey few number of changes of the last week before 1.8 was closed could be missing (i.e. implemented a la 1.7). But basically what you can find is 1.8 support.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

– Gato

I’‘m trying to create a collection node using JEP-0060 1.8 and it’‘s not working. Wildfire 3.1.1 doesn’'t create collection nodes.

I try to create a collection node:

<field var=’‘pubsub#node_type’’>collection

<identity category=“pubsub” type=“leaf” />

Does Wildfire not support collections? Or am I doing something wrong?

Hey cz,

Thanks for pointing that out. I updated our implementation to follow latest specification JM-901. You can find the fix in the next nightly build.

Regards,

– Gato