What happened to Wildfire?

Just looking for some general answers so I’m hoping this is the right forum to post in…

A couple of years ago I was searching for a IM server solution for our company and Wildfire was one of the solutions that I examined. I spoke to a sales rep about the product and what licensing cost would be and decided it was a bit out of our price range.

I’m now in the market again and when I came back to look at Wildfire I see that it is Openfire. I’m a bit confused as to what happened that turned it into a free product and what “dual-licensed under the Open Source GPL and commercially” means. Is it still available as a pay product for support or has Jive dropped it and focused on their social networking software?

Any guidance is appreciated or if you there is someone specific I should talk to in the community or the company let me know. Thanks in advance.

It is opensource now with the exception of the clustering plugin. There is no need for licensing fees for most of the product. The community is the main source for support. Jive personel and community members provide the support. All the features of the enterprise version are now available via opensource plugins.