What is the criteria of dividing modules?

Would you please declare me about the criteria of dividing modules into boot, core and standard? The concept about differend kind of modules would do good to understand the mechanism for me. Thank you very much.

Another four questions:

1. Is it possible to save the message history on the server like muc history?

2. How to deal with blocking communication?

3. Is it a good idea to save the file on the server while transfering file between two users?

4. Is there a framework to implement the gateway model described in the RFC 3920?

Would you please declare me about the criteria of

dividing modules into boot, core and standard? The

concept about differend kind of modules would do good

to understand the mechanism for me. Thank you very

much.

Actually, that code is a bit old and needs to be rewritten. However, boot modules are the ones that are needed for setup to work if I remember correctly.

Another four questions:

1. Is it possible to save the message history on the

server like muc history?

Yes, you can enable message auditing, which saves all messages to a file.

1. How to deal with blocking communication?

What do you mean? Jive Messenger doesn’‘t support NIO yet, but we’'d like to in the future.

1. Is it a good idea to save the file on the server

while transfering file between two users?

If Jive Messenger becomes a SOCKS gateway, it may need to save parts of files during transfer.

1. Is there a framework to implement the gateway

model described in the RFC 3920?

There’‘s no framework yet, but we’'d love to have one!

-Matt

Thank you for your wonderful answering, matt.

The blocking communication i refered is described in RFC3921.10, and the namespace is jabber.iq.privacy.

Ahhh, I gotcha. We don’'t support that type of blocking yet, but will probably try to do so for the 2.2. or 2.3 release.

Regards,

Matt

I would recommend that we implement blocking communication for Cindy Framework !

zhuam

zhuam