What is the current (December, 2021) state of 'Lobby'?

To begin: we love Openfire Meetings and the Pade Plugin :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.

It has been a God-send during Covid-19 (you may have heard of this) and we’ve set up 2 private servers to be available to our clients on an adhoc meeting basis.

One of these clients is a psycho-therapist (you may have heard that there are some mental health issues related to Covid-19) who would like to use the ‘Lobby Feature’ to provide privacy during a counselling session, while next client waits in the ‘Lobby’.

The ‘Lobby Feature’ used to work (around 1.2???), and then it stopped, with commentary indicating that more work was required. More recently (1.5.1 - 2) there are comments relating to ‘Lobby’ suggesting that this feature might be working again. But not for us :disappointed:

We’re running Openfire 4.6.6 with Pade 1.5.2. When a Meeting Moderator attempts to enable the ‘Lobby’, a toggle switch is displayed, but this cannot be toggled on.

This might be a configuration issue and I’m quite prepared to explore further. But if there is still more work required (see above), I’d like to avoid the frustration of searching for something that can’t be found.

So then: Should the Lobby Feature be working for us? Or is there still work to be done?

Yes. there is more work to be done.

However, It does work with temporary MUC rooms provided you created the lobby MUC service in Openfire admin manually. See - Lobby room, request to enter, no message receive in Jitsi room Padé 1.5.1 · Issue #370 · igniterealtime/openfire-pade-plugin · GitHub

Thank you Dele.

Adding the ‘lobby’ service manually produces the perfect result. Or at least exactly the result I was hoping for.

I’m not sure that I fully understand why … but satisfying my curiosity should not be your responsibility :grinning:

Thank you for the quick and accurate response.